FRIDAY Bells

Started by Pete Dero, December 23, 2022, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2022, 08:55:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2022, 08:39:57 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2022, 06:36:09 PM
Since I just bought them, I guess I'll be checking out Wartales and Wings of Glory.

I'll also be reloading all of my D&D minis into Miniature Assistant.  This will take a while, but I look forward to getting back into the minis game again.

If I recall, you play sports games as well....make sure to check out Football Coach: College Dynasty, nice sim about college football and only $12 (not on sale but still cheap).  It doesn't cover everything about college football yet, but a solid base to start with in first access.
Thanks Grim.  I was looking at that a bit.  Does it compare to Draft Day Sports College Football?

Same concept, but lighter.  It currently is missing some of the depth such as positions are more grouped (i.e. offensive line not specific), limited options while actually playing a game, etc.  But the core mechanics are interesting and in some ways more intuitive.  If you require things to be near 100% identical to college, might not be right for you yet, but for $12 I think you would still enjoy...worst case, could refund it:)
I'll watch some YouTubes on it and see if it scratches the itch.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Sir Slash

I'm playing, "Grandkids Come Over For Christmas and Stay All Weekend". Some assembly and plentiful drinking required. Have a Great Holiday Grogheads worldwide. You guys are the BEST.  :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I'm stuck at home with avoiding-post-COVID syndrome. ;) (Been helping out Mom, who had a relatively light dose of it this week.)

I was expecting a "Carol of..." variant instead of a "Jingle..." variant. Not that I'm disappointed! But for purposes of fulfilling my expectations:

Grandfather of epic Bell Carol adaptations:

Slower somewhat different arrangement (repeated for an hour)

A much more light-hearted epic version, guest starring James Brown:

Imperial March vs Mandalorian version:

Lo-fi version of the previous, for when it's time to get back to work:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CaptainKoloth

I don't know how no one has posted this yet:
https://youtu.be/oiSn2JuDQSc

JasonPratt

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 25, 2022, 01:25:15 PM
I don't know how no one has posted this yet:

Added a bit of code for convenience.  :bd: :nerd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!