Laughing into FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, December 30, 2022, 11:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on December 30, 2022, 11:03:49 AM
A brilliant song from a brilliant song writer:

Great song to listen to while I'm on the border of the year of the cat 8).

More Shadow Empire and maybe Panzer Campaigns (Scheldt '44 or Bulge '44).

Wishing the best for New Year doesn't seem to work very well lately, so this year I'll limit it to Putin with the very worst wishes.

Phantom

Playing Wilderness War - French & Indian war board game. Just lost a big battle unexpectedly, a motley crew of French Beaver hunters & Indians routing my large British & Colonial force. The odds calculating wargamer in me thinks "that shouldn't happen" - the historian in me says "well, it actually did" - well done on a well designed game!

Gusington

In my defense, in 1776 my ancestors were in Poland and Belorussia and probably never even heard of North America. But if they had, they probably would have sided with them :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 31, 2022, 10:42:57 AM
In my defense, in 1776 my ancestors were in Poland and Belorussia and probably never even heard of North America. But if they had, they probably would have sided with them :)

Guilt by association. C:-)

We will give you a fair trial then hang you. ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 30, 2022, 12:29:57 PM
I may try to dip into Dwarf Fortress

There's a lot in there, and (for me at least) it requires a fair amount of mental gymnastics to hold in mind the 3D picture.  Then there's also figuring out the quasi-physics involved with water-flows.  I am enjoying the game, but some of it is not intuitive.  For example, in order to make a well, you need to have pre-produced rope, a bucket, a "mechanism" and some stone blocks - each of which requires a separate workshop and raw ingredients.  Also see above about waterflows.

Alternatively, laying railroad tracks for mine trucks is just a case of selecting from the menu and clicking where you want it (provided you have enough lumber).  But then you have to program what the trucks do.

I could go on endlessly...

TLDR: One does not just dip into Dwarf Fortress...

Tanaka

Finally getting into Warhammer 3 now that the price is down to around $35. Having a blast with the Iron Dragon campaign. Truly amazing playing an entire world now. With all of the different factions now in the game this might be the most replayable game ever...

Fetrik

My 83+ turn campaign in  Dominions 5 playing as the gentle giants from Asdod continues.