Main Menu

Spaceage Friday

Started by W8taminute, February 03, 2023, 11:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

TLM Games just announced that they're working on Heroes & Generals 2 but that they will be shutting down H&G1 in 6 months.  So gonna play me some H&G for sure.

Also have a Vassal PBEM going with other grogs for Fire in the Lake.  Then I'll play some Civ 3: Conquests
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SlagDog

Second Front, 40K Gladius and X4 Foundations.

I will also be setting up my puter for head tracking so I can try out Wings Over Flanders Field.

Enjoy the Weekend!

KyzBP

Great song!  I would've used the video with Jennifer Connely mostly because I could look at her all day, adding great music to that is just a bonus.

Football Manager 23 mostly but will eventually dive into Second Front.  I'm afraid SF will be like a bag of chips once I get started.

Sir Slash

Second Front is my First Love...for now. Enjoy Grogs.  :RockOn:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Ugh...I spent 4-hours last night, will be spending 4-hours tonight and 8-hours tomorrow in a firearms education course thanks to my State's new ridiculous concealed carry laws. So limited gaming this weekend.

If given the time, DCS (relearning the Tomcat), Second Front, Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries and maybe some Easy Red II?

Stay safe, Grogs...

And great song choice! Love me some Seagulls. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Are you teaching the course? Serious question.

I will be getting my arse handed to me more in Terminator: Resistance...last I played a couple of years ago I found the game almost too easy but a patch was released between then and now and the game has become super difficult :/

May also fiddle with Elite and Battlefleet Gothic 2.

Probably purchasing Spellforce: Conquest of Eo and The Great War: Western Front has announced it's launch day of March 30 (!!!) and is also available for pre-purchase!

GIGGITY

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2023, 01:01:06 PM^Are you teaching the course? Serious question.

I will be getting my arse handed to me more in Terminator: Resistance...last I played a couple of years ago I found the game almost too easy but a patch was released between then and now and the game has become super difficult :/

May also fiddle with Elite and Battlefleet Gothic 2.

Probably purchasing Spellforce: Conquest of Eo and The Great War: Western Front has announced it's launch day of March 30 (!!!) and is also available for pre-purchase!

GIGGITY

I didn't see you as an elite player - don't know why

I played as a beta tester and it's the one game that I played as an adult that almost became THE game - no others would be required

In beta it was just 300 planets and you could track all the trading markets, if you wanted a fight you could go to Freeport where there were no laws and just fight people

Then it came out and went with the billions of planets, and there was earth and there was Lave from the original game and I still loved it but then it went with these community missions and people could earn the money for an anaconda in days and then it all became about walking around the ship, in the ship, on planets and going to the surface and fighting FPS style, then crafting for rare guns and for me it lost its focus

Haven't been back to it in years and years - went on the forums a while back and some of the old complaints are still there, no sense of depth with a living universe around you and still no real smuggling mechanic!!

But for those first 9 months - it was glorious

W8taminute

You know Gus, there comes a time, when even cynical old me, will gleefully slap down full price cash on a game before it's released.  The Great War: Western Front is one of those games.

Good thing February is a short month but how do we get through March?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2023, 01:01:06 PM^Are you teaching the course? Serious question.

Negative. There is always something to learn, but damn...16 hours!?  :idiot2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^You would be the ultimate firearms instructor...'do what I say or I'll kill you myself.'

'Geek I bought the Elite when it first came out (before I had Steam) and lost my credentials for it. Found it again a few days ago for 5.00 and I was like 'what the hell.' So here I am.

W8 - February is short enough but for the rest of that time until Western Front's release...well that's why God gave us alcohol.

Also don't forget that Jedi Survivor comes out April 28  :stormtrooper2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2023, 04:00:47 PM^You would be the ultimate firearms instructor...'do what I say or I'll kill you myself.'

'Geek I bought the Elite when it first came out (before I had Steam) and lost my credentials for it. Found it again a few days ago for 5.00 and I was like 'what the hell.' So here I am.

W8 - February is short enough but for the rest of that time until Western Front's release...well that's why God gave us alcohol.

Also don't forget that Jedi Survivor comes out April 28  :stormtrooper2:

Can you play any part of it pve without upgrading to all the crafting tosh

Gusington

Not sure I haven't fired it up yet!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Have looped into watching Chinese films on YouTube - the ones I'm watching are mostly dealing with WW2 &/or the fight between the Nationalists and Communists.  Haven't dived into the more fantastical ones yet, but it's just a matter of time.  Did a similar dip into Soviet era films a while back too ("Come and See," is jaw dropping).  It's honestly fun to view films from other countries and compare/contrast the commonality of tropes when it comes to war films.

So, loaded up Order of Battle with the "Morning Sun," and "Rising Sun," modules to celebrate.

solops

UA Dreadnoughts, maybe some Master of Magic (the new one).
I just ordered a drone, the DJI Mini 3 Pro, so I will spend some time with the manual and FAA regs.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: solops on February 03, 2023, 07:53:06 PMI just ordered a drone, the DJI Mini 3 Pro, so I will spend some time with the manual and FAA regs.

Nice. Wish the company would look at something other than the Skydio for inspection work; great camera, but zooming in and out means the drone physically moves toward or away from an object and that....well, that just ain't a good thing.