Mount & Blade II Announced

Started by TheCommandTent, September 28, 2012, 07:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

TaleWorlds has announced Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord!

http://www.taleworlds.com/

There is really no detail on the website aside from the announcement and a boring video with just words no in game footage.  However, I've really enjoyed MB and MB Warband so I am looking forward to this.  Hopefully we will get some more detail soon.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

This has been in the rumor mill for quite sometime, but glad to see it's offical now.  I love Mount and Blade and am excited to see what features they are looking at adding to the game.

PanzersEast

Was on on the early build of Mount & Blade... will be early on this one as well.  Glad to see this come along as it has, and by some dedicated devs.

PE

Nefaro

Anyone know what will be new/different in this one?

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Nefaro on September 28, 2012, 09:11:19 PM

Nope.  There was not detail given with the announcement other then the title.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on September 28, 2012, 09:11:19 PM

There are some screenshots.  You can ride toward the dawn with a glistening helmet:

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Media

There's a blog from Sept 27 about engine power (moving trees around!)

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog

And a forum:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php     

Cyrano

Mmmm...glistening helmet...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

MengJiao

fran

Would anyone recommend to pick this up in the Sales.

Enjoyed the the first one...is the 2nd one worth it?

ArizonaTank

Quote from: fran on December 18, 2022, 12:57:42 AM
Would anyone recommend to pick this up in the Sales.

Enjoyed the the first one...is the 2nd one worth it?

Bannerlord is the best of all the games IMHO...everything is just much better. You should be able to get it on sale with the holidays coming up.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

I'll echo what Arizona is saying.  I don't have Blade II but I do have Bannerlord and it's a great game.  Tons and tons of very good mods are available for Bannerlord as well. 

Not sure how many decent mods are around for Blade II. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

^ Mount and Blade 2 & Bannerlord are the same game.   :buck2:

I'll second the recommendations, Bannerlord is excellent and well worth the asking price.  It's an improvement on just about everything in the previous games (except fewer mods)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

^Haha!  Oh yeah, I see that now.  I thought he was referring to the latest Mount & Blade.  My bad! 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Making a game out of Blade 2 would be pretty awesome  :dreamer:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd