Online civ-building games?

Started by bayonetbrant, February 16, 2012, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I'd tried Evony for a while, but found the whole MMO-ishness of it unappealing, as I'm not a college kid who can sit online 16 hours a day to babysit my city and make sure no one pillages it.

Haven't gone back, despite their claims to have 'fixed' the problem-children.

I've seen a lot of ads for Grepolis, which looks intriguing, but I'm afraid will be more of the same.

Anyone got any experience with these games, or similar ones?

I'm not looking for an online RTS, but more of a civ-lite/4x that runs on a browser but isn't necessarily multi-player.  I'm looking more for the persistent access than the personal interaction.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers