History: Legends of War Patton

Started by W8taminute, November 13, 2012, 07:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Anybody see this yet?  Looks good, kinda like XCOM: Enemy Unknown set it a WWII environment.  Coming out November 20.

http://www.maximumgames.com/history-legends-of-war-patton/

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Zulu1966

Is this the Matrixgames Title ? - their forum is like a ghost town
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Lord Zimoa

It is a Slitherine/Matrix published game for sure, have seen the demo last April in Italy at the designer meeting, impressive stuff.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on November 13, 2012, 08:38:28 AM
It is a Slitherine/Matrix published game for sure, have seen the demo last April in Italy at the designer meeting, impressive stuff.

OK - seems odd - its supposed to be out in a week and no ones talking about it over at Matrix at all ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Staggerwing

Hey! It's coming out for PS3 as well. Wonder how it would look and play on a 40'' screen?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 13, 2012, 07:46:01 PM
Hey! It's coming out for PS3 as well. Wonder how it would look and play on a 40'' screen?
The health bars will be a full 2" long!   :P
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GJK on November 13, 2012, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 13, 2012, 07:46:01 PM
The health bars will be a full 2" long!   :P

That is a classic response right there.   ;D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Zulu1966

Quote from: W8taminute on November 13, 2012, 07:54:12 AM
Anybody see this yet?  Looks good, kinda like XCOM: Enemy Unknown set it a WWII environment.  Coming out November 20.

http://www.maximumgames.com/history-legends-of-war-patton/

"One of the most exciting and realistic war games ever created" ... Yeah right - with health bars. If this were any other industry people would be suing them all over the place for misrepresentation.

And this...

Turn-based strategy games are taking over the world of video gaming, and this one shows us why. With an arsenal of powerful weaponry, detailed maps, and in-depth, strategic moves, HISTORY ® Legends of War: Patton holds top rank in war games!

Tells me they may be trying to kick it out the door as fast as possible on the coat tails of XCOM. Which may mean ....

eyebiter

W8taminute

^^Zulu I'm all for living off the coat tails of XCOM.  It will mean more TBS titles for the console, something which I'm very excited about.  Ok so maybe they might be dumbed down TBS games but if I want to play something intelligent I can play that on my PC.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 13, 2012, 10:02:43 AM

OK - seems odd - its supposed to be out in a week and no ones talking about it over at Matrix at all ?

i find if its a slitherine/matrix title all the talk is at the slitherine forum

Zulu1966

Quote from: W8taminute on November 14, 2012, 08:14:54 AM
^^Zulu I'm all for living off the coat tails of XCOM.  It will mean more TBS titles for the console, something which I'm very excited about.  Ok so maybe they might be dumbed down TBS games but if I want to play something intelligent I can play that on my PC.

Absolutely - if its as good as XCOM - not a problem - I was reticent as it seemed in some way they were rushing it - given the complete lack of info at their publishers.

Zulu1966

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 14, 2012, 08:45:33 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 13, 2012, 10:02:43 AM

i find if its a slitherine/matrix title all the talk is at the slitherine forum

Well yes - it at least appears there they are admitting ownership and a release date. Although there are still only two posts.

undercovergeek

sounds like the release of the other TBS WW2 mega realistic tosh they put out and then the developer abandoned it