For those of you about to give Thanks

Started by W8taminute, November 21, 2012, 09:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Hey guys, I realize that not all of you are celebrating the United States holiday called Thanksgiving but for those who are...

What will you be playing?  And for those of you who live outside the U.S. why not start your weekend RFN and let us know what you are going to play.

We're having company over our house for dinner but after everyone goes home I plan on spending some time with:

Commander: The Great War
History: Legends of War Patton

F1 Race Stars
Gears of War
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (4 more missions to go in order to finish the single player campaign)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

How is Legends? Thinking about getting it fer my 'box as well.

Friday night we'll try to get a Warlock game going.
Rest of weekend not sure... I should be working on vassla projects and beta-testing....
Also have a great game of CKII to going as Leon......

W8taminute

I don't know yet.  It's still sitting on my shelf unwrapped as I picked it up yesterday.  Can't wait to sink my teeth into it but I will definitely comment once I play through it a bit.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

I've been playing Imperialism...what fun after all these years
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

XCOM (restarted after doing the tutorial campaign for a while)
Great Invasions (EastEmpire + Armenia, Lazycia, Ghassan, Ireland, Frankland)
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Warlock with some of the guys here. On my own, Commander: The Great War and maybe some Over Flanders Fields-Hat in the Ring.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I just reinstalled CEaW to try out the Grand Strategy v210 mod.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

TheCommandTent

Hopefully some Warlock, Commander: The Great War and I really need to get painting some minis.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Squad Battles First World War
Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Planetside2

I'll be gone most of the weekend so most likely not much gaming.

Arctic Blast

MIGHT end up getting in a 5 or 6 player session of Arkham Horror (first play with the Dunwich Horror expansion) on Friday night.

Aside from that, I don't know. I finished up Torchlight II earlier in the week. The final episode of The Walking Dead is out, so that's a definite. Beyond that, my choices might be partially decided by what shows up in various sales.

Kushan

I will play:

Sword of the Stars 2: Started a new game now that I have a good feel for the interface. I've colonized 2 systems so far. Right about one of the was about to start turning a profit it gets attacked by a ghost ship. I'm going to have to lay down some more hulls to use as system pickets. Not sure how that is going to work considering that I don't have enough admirals to command all the fleets I'm going to need. Not sure if ships in a system reserve will help defend a system.

Skyrim: Hoping to continue my ranger/assassin.  I just Finished the sanguine quest line. Now back to Riverwood to beet with Delphine, and find out how I'm supposed to infiltrate the Thalmor embassy. I'm still getting a random crash when I'm out in the wilderness. Its crashing even with no mods installed so I think it may be a hardware issue and not the game. Not sure what I'm going to to so fix it.

Crusader Kings 2: Didn't get around to continuing my Italy game last weekend.

Work: Its a really fun game. I even get paid to do it.

Games I may play:

Diablo 3

X-Com
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mikeck

Continue my X3:AP game. Finally got the hang of it.
As always, will.find time for Scourge of War:c-ville
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

Warlock with the boys and... anything else will be determined by available time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

My family is getting together at my mother's house for Thanksgiving, so most of my day will be spent there. I will probably spend the evening doing some quests and dailies with my Tailor in World of WarCraft; he needs the pattern for the 36-slot Luxurious Silk Gem Bag as well as the new 28-slot Royal Satchel.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

I will be playing "Sleeping and drinking lots of fluids in hopes that this miserable cold goes away". 

Otherwise, I want to get into Crusader Kings 2, especially now that I've purchased all the DLC. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces