Conflict of Heroes

Started by Bismarck, February 23, 2012, 12:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on February 24, 2012, 07:27:19 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 23, 2012, 10:29:08 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 23, 2012, 05:04:40 PM
The boardgame series is pretty neat.

I've got the second module, the Kursk one and the expansion for it (the Poland invasion one).

How is the Polish expansion? I've eyed it in stores a few times but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Definitely excited to see how this turns out. The board games are great, and it sounds like they have the rights to the entire series and are adding some new content as well.

Haven't had a chance to try the expansion out yet, despite owning it for so long :(

I know the feeling. So many games...

Tpek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 24, 2012, 07:41:32 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 24, 2012, 07:27:19 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 23, 2012, 10:29:08 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 23, 2012, 05:04:40 PM
The boardgame series is pretty neat.

I've got the second module, the Kursk one and the expansion for it (the Poland invasion one).

How is the Polish expansion? I've eyed it in stores a few times but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Definitely excited to see how this turns out. The board games are great, and it sounds like they have the rights to the entire series and are adding some new content as well.

Haven't had a chance to try the expansion out yet, despite owning it for so long :(

I know the feeling. So many games...

More like not enough time and people to play them with :P

MikeGER

I will buy it on release-day ! (cant comment, bound by NDA ;-) ) see Matrix Games forum for your questions, and updates on features  :)

LongBlade

Quote from: MikeGER on February 25, 2012, 05:44:24 AM
I will buy it on release-day ! (cant comment, bound by NDA ;-) ) see Matrix Games forum for your questions, and updates on features  :)

Prost!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 23, 2012, 12:35:08 PM

But I won't lie, I'm disappointed that WCS shifted from Napoleonic and ACW to the overstuffed WWII era.

Don't worry, they are shifting back to ACW now that CoH is almost out the door. Brother Against Brother is shaping up nicely and should be a valuable addition to the ACW grog's collection. We don't have the final graphics yet, so it's pretty fugly right now, but that's coming. 

son_of_montfort

Wait, this CoH game is nearly released?! Wow... that is new for Matrix. Usually it is 1-5 months/years after the game has been announced...  ;)
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 28, 2012, 01:32:12 PM
Wait, this CoH game is nearly released?! Wow... that is new for Matrix. Usually it is 1-5 months/years after the game has been announced...  ;)

When is it supposed to come out anyway?

Barthheart

Towards the end of March..... they hope.....

Bison

The release date was announced by Erik.  8 May 

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3090969&mpage=1&#3092359

Barthheart

Bison

heh,  yeah that's what I meant.

Tpek

Yeah, I'm really eagerly waiting for Tuesday to come :)

Keunert

i got news on the release date!
May 8th, that makes it a tuesday!
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Svend Karlson

I'm very much looking forward to this, and intend to buy early, since (a) I trust that patches will be forthcoming if patches are needed and (b) don't expect a sale within 12 months of release.

Who is interested in setting up some multi-player matches? Please post if you are a definite yes, because I am.

tgb

Since this and Warlock releases on the same day, I'm waiting for impressions on both before deciding which to get this week,