Vessel (not Vassal)

Started by Gusington, February 28, 2012, 07:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone check out this game yet? I usually am not into similar games but the artwork and steampunk-esque atmosphere has me engaged. http://www.strangeloopgames.com/!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

What kind of game is it, Gus, besides a side scroller of some sort?

Gusington

Looks like an old school side-scroller/platformer/puzzler like you say, but the music and story intrigued me. Plus the liquid graphics gimmick looked cool.

I haven't played a game like this since...hmm...Pitfall II? I may get it just to chill and decompress. Watch it will probably be really difficult and drive me nuts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

This is actually interesting. I'm not a huge fan of side-scrollers, but it might be interesting on a mobile platform.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

The buzz seems generally good. I'm terrible at platformers, but I like a good puzzle platformer like this one.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

For 15.00 on Steam I am willing to take the risk for the rest of us.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

I've not heard of this game Wessel? Tell us about it.

LongBlade

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on March 01, 2012, 04:39:13 PM
I've not heard of this game Wessel? Tell us about it.

Checkov, is that you?

Gusington

I got the code to get a review copy but it is not available yet through Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Gusington

I will check over the weekend at some point. The developers got back to me in record time with code and are really happy to be getting the exposure they are...the game is popping up in reviews in a lot of places on the interwebs.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

OK I've played a few hours and I have to say it is quite addicting. Once the player gets used to the thinking of the game, it is quite enjoyable. I don't usually play these types of games but the steampunk story, the music and the environments have sunk their [mechanical cutesy] claws into me. Solid game. I'll have a review up in a few days. I think a few of you will enjoy this for sure.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd