Matrix Games, Whatever Are You Thinking?

Started by tgb, April 10, 2013, 02:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey_roxor

Quote from: Tuna on May 01, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 01, 2013, 11:51:47 AM
I own a fair number of old Matrix titles, too, but there are a few that I would consider purchasing if they're on a sale like this. 

Ones that I never would, otherwise.

Same here

Me three.

Although I've already got WiTP and WiTP-AE, so technically I have no time to play anything else, ever.

Martok

Would love to see Distant Worlds + expansions get featured in these new sales they're doing.  With apologies to Huw (who would understandably disagree), that game should be getting a lot more exposure than it currently is, and a decent sale could certainly help with that. 

Quote from: donkey_roxor on May 01, 2013, 01:07:07 PM
Although I've already got WiTP and WiTP-AE, so technically I have no time to play anything else, ever.
From everything I've ever heard, I'm always amazed those of you who own either/both of those games ever manage to find time to even post!  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grimnirsson

QuoteI'm always amazed those of you who own either/both of those games ever manage to find time to even post!

Owning is not playing... :P
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

JasonPratt

Quote from: Martok on May 03, 2013, 07:54:34 AM
Would love to see Distant Worlds + expansions get featured in these new sales they're doing.  With apologies to Huw (who would understandably disagree), that game should be getting a lot more exposure than it currently is, and a decent sale could certainly help with that. 

I doubt that's going to happen for a long time (if ever), but they could put the AI War collection on sale, as that has already been made available through other venues.

And they're leading out right with Tiller's Civil War and Forge of Freedom: two high quality representative games that have seen better days.

WitP1 at a discount would be sure to garner sales of the Admiral Edition, I'd think; the War Plan Orange game is a fine introduction to that system, too. Or heck, Uncommon Valor (or whatever the first iteration of that system was called). But WPO has the advantage of introducing the game system AND ALSO being a unique speculative war scenario.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on May 03, 2013, 07:54:34 AM

Heh, no worries mate.  Clearly everyone else sees something that I don't, and I've made my peace with that. :)