Marvel Heroes Online

Started by Tpek, May 03, 2013, 07:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

I've got them all bwahahaha! :D

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on July 04, 2013, 11:12:43 AM

Dayum!  How many did you actually find as loot during your first play through?

I have a few of them that I purchased, since there's a sale on right now.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on July 04, 2013, 03:06:15 PM
Quote from: Tpek on July 04, 2013, 11:12:43 AM

Dayum!  How many did you actually find as loot during your first play through?

I have a few of them that I purchased, since there's a sale on right now.

I got the Ultimate Founder pack back in the day ;)

Who is your current main toon?

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on July 04, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

Who is your current main toon?

Not sure yet.   I have Wolverine, Colossus, Black Widow, and Spiderman at or a hair above level 10 thus far.   Gonna level Iron Man up a bit and see if his damage capability improves.

I also just picked up Punisher, but he's super puny in the first few levels.  His two starting skills' DPS blows nuts.. hopefully it improves once he gets a couple more levels and some more abilities open up.  Iron Man doesn't start with much DPS but at least he's pretty survivable - Punisher is the first I've had die in the very first subway instance (the sub-room with the chest and the tough group).  :o  On the opposite note - Storm has been crazy dps pew pew in the early game.. more so than any other I've tried.  I suppose she will be a "glass cannon" later on?

Nefaro

Dunno if anyone else has been having the occasional fps stuttering, as I do on both my machines, but here's some customization tips:

If you locate the MarvelEngine.ini file (as a windows user, i found it in My Documents/My Games/Marvel Heroes/Config), you can adjust numerous settings, but the one option i found that gave a very noticeable improvement in all areas, was the DynamicLights=True setting. By setting this to false, you no longer have what appears to be the majority of real time lights functioning at all times in game.

https://forum.marvelheroes.com/showthread.php/29034-Performance-Booster-Tips

Since it uses the Unreal Engine (oddly enough), you can dig in with a text editor and adjust some settings.  The in-game gfx settings only has a handful of overall presets and I always like to pick & choose when I need to adjust.

Nefaro

LOL!

Have you seen this guy's MH web comics with screenshots from the game, called Punchclops?

http://www.punchclops.eyehunger.com/?comic=punchclops-vs-iron-fist

http://www.punchclops.eyehunger.com/?comic=punchclops-at-the-beach

Tpek

Some of these strips are quite funny, even if the rest aren't all that good. :)

Nefaro

Big update yesterday with all kinds of changes.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/6713/game-update-notes-7-31-2013-1-11-0-243

If you didn't d/l the Steam version, you gotta uninstall and get the new patcher (& reinstall):

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/7714/new-marvel-heroes-launcher-downloader-please-read

I'm hoping that their game engine performance improvements will be noticeable.  The thing wasn't terribly gfx efficient before.  Tons of other stuff, including the new 'Eternity Splinter' drops for unlocking extra heroes for free.  A new free-for-all zone with spawning supervillain groups in it.  Etc.

Since there was so much in this update, I fully expect them to be further patching this sucker for a few days, with regular downtime.  I still have no clue as to why they wait until the end of the week to patch (do they like to work all weekend?) or why they waited so long to put so many changes in at once.   ???

Nefaro

I've been playing MHO again recently for an action-MMO fix.  The updates have definitely improved things.

If anyone's playing, add me:  NefariousCoal

I have characters up into the early level 30s so the endgame smash & grab grouping mayhem is an option.  :D

Tpek

^I'll look you up.
I've got a character (Deadpool) all the way into level 45 :P

Currently I'm madly bringing characters to level 25 to get their passive bonus from the synergy option.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on January 01, 2014, 05:28:32 AM
^I'll look you up.
I've got a character (Deadpool) all the way into level 45 :P

Currently I'm madly bringing characters to level 25 to get their passive bonus from the synergy option.

I didn't even know about the passive 'synergy' bonus until I accidentally hit the V key and found the screen for it.  ???  I still haven't remembered to select anything for my characters who can choose them.

Tpek

Is anyone actually still playing it?
I added Nefario to the Friend-List but never see him online.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on January 03, 2014, 01:20:13 PM
Is anyone actually still playing it?
I added Nefario to the Friend-List but never see him online.

I've been playing in short sessions lately. 

You will have to get my attention, because I don't think it ever notifies me of being friend-listed or anything.  So I won't know when you're about unless you send a Tell.

Nefaro

They sent a code and link for an extra Free Starter Hero to my registered email address.   

Found it in my "promotions" email semi-spam tab.  Not sure how long it's good for.. today or this weekend?

Not sure how many starter heroes I don't have.  They changed the line-up a bit since I first started.  Pretty sure Captain America is one I don't have but the other four (or so?) would probably be a dupe for me.

Tpek

Just redeem the code on your profile page and next time you log in you'll get a box with a hero token.

In any case they also just released a new character, Dr Strange.
And next week they'll be adding the much anticipated "Team-Ups", allowing your hero to summon another minor hero as a companion :)