Battleground Europe (WWII Online)?

Started by WallysWorld, May 23, 2013, 01:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Just wondering if anyone is still playing this online game?

I played for about three years until I gave up my subscription last fall. Now I got an email from the developers asking me to rejoin for $10 per month. I'm awfully tempted to sign up again and rejoin my 13th Infantry squad.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 23, 2013, 01:23:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone is still playing this online game?

I played for about three years until I gave up my subscription last fall. Now I got an email from the developers asking me to rejoin for $10 per month. I'm awfully tempted to sign up again and rejoin my 13th Infantry squad.

I've played this off and on since 2002.  My last visit was very odd.  In the old days, if you got on the roof of the spawn buildings, somebody would shoot you pretty quickly.   I used to start with a rifleman and go up and if nobody shot me I assumed not much was happening.  Last time I played, I got up on a roof with a rifle and just picked off Gefrieters scurrying around town.  Nobody shot at me.  And then I killed a PZIII with a Hotchkiss.  It wasn't going to get better than that so I quit and I don't think I'm ever going back.   

ArizonaTank

I love the game and wish it well.  But just don't have all day to sit in the bushes and wait for one or two good shots an hour.  Getting more fun out of War Thunder and Heroes and Generals.  But I still think that the tank part of the game is the best / most faithful out there.  So if I really want to play tanks, I'll resubscribe for a month and find some Stug III to jump in.  World of Tanks just doesn't do that for me. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.