Battlefield 3 and Batman Arkham City

Started by Toonces, March 07, 2012, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Hello all.

I received free digital downloads of Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City with the purchase of my new computer.  I already have a 3-game backlog of FPS (ARMA1, 2, and COD:WaW) that I haven't touched so I am certain I am not going to be playing BF3 ever.  Additionally, a friend of mine had a Spider Man game just like Batman and I thought it was stupid, so I am certain I will never play it, either.

I'm waiting on Jarhead to tell me if he wants Arkham.  BF3 is not wanted by either of the folks I have offered it to.

If you would like a copy of one of these games, please post here and let me know and I'll PM you the download serial number.  One of them requires an Origin account to download.

See ya,
Toonces
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

If still available, I always wanted to try BF3.  But I understand if others beat me to it.  Thanks.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't like comic books or superhero games, but the Batman games are first rate.  I'd say give it a whirl.

I'd also love a copy of BF3..... ;D

jomni

I love BF3 in my PS3 and would love to have one for my PC as well.  But Grim was first. :P

Toonces

Ok, so Grim gets BF3 and SDR is on standby for Batman pending Jarhead's yea or nay.

Jomni, would you be interested in a copy of Battle Academy or whatever it was called?  I have that copy that MC82 (I think) passed to Herman Hum.  Herman gave it to me.  I still haven't, and will likely never, installed it so if you want it, let me know.  Be advised that it might be a while before I can get it to you has I have to figure out a way to upload it for you somewhere.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Alright, JH said no to Batman.  I'll send you guys to codes tomorrow evening.

Jomni, let me know if you want BA.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've already got Batman, thanks.  I'm saying you should give it a try.  it's good fun.

(BA would be nice though...)

Toonces

Alrighty then.  Well, Batman is still available then!

Toonces

Gosh I'm dense.  I see you're saying "I" should give it a try.

My roommate on the ship had a Spiderman game that, from the youtube videos of Batman, looked exactly the same as Batman.  The game was interesting enough, but I can honestly say that after watching him play Spiderman for several months on the ship, those types of games definitely do not appeal to me at all.  I'm sure it's a fine game, but 100% not my type.

I have such an insane backlog of games that I know I will never get to this game.  I'd rather somebody that is into these types of games give it a try. 

I appreciate the sentiment, though SDR!

Shelldrake

I would like Batman Arkham City if it is still available. I have heard only good things about the game but then again I am a comic book nerd. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

LongBlade

Batman is supposed to be excellent - it claimed all kinds of awards, though those were mostly for the console version. As long as there aren't too many weird keystroke combos you should enjoy it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup, it's great.  As I said, I'm not a comic book fan and I usually don't go for action/fighting games, but the Batman games are very good (1st is better than 2nd IMO.  Better story, more time with each villain, but more linear.). The game plays like a combo of Thief, Hitman, and Splinter Cell. 

Key controls are simple enough in the first game but can get a bit unwieldy in the second due to more reliance on special gadget/attack combos.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on March 07, 2012, 11:42:48 PM
Ok, so Grim gets BF3 and SDR is on standby for Batman pending Jarhead's yea or nay.

Jomni, would you be interested in a copy of Battle Academy or whatever it was called?  I have that copy that MC82 (I think) passed to Herman Hum.  Herman gave it to me.  I still haven't, and will likely never, installed it so if you want it, let me know.  Be advised that it might be a while before I can get it to you has I have to figure out a way to upload it for you somewhere.

Thank you so much, looking forward to it!

jomni

I already have BA no need to give me anything. :)