Main Menu

Bargain Bin

Started by LongBlade, March 08, 2012, 05:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grim.Reaper

Is it worth it?  Haven't been keeping up with this one.

James Sterrett

If you liked the original Deus Ex, you're very likely to like Human Revolution.

Grim.Reaper

Never played that one either:)  I'll have to seach for some reviews to see what the game is like.  For this price, might be worth a gamble.

James Sterrett

Ah....   In my opinion:  Deus Ex numbers 1 and 3 are brilliant.  Both have flaws but rise far above them.  #2 is decent, and would look pretty good if it weren't for being the merely average sibling in a family of geniuses.  If you're a fan of the System Shocks/Bioshocks, or the Fallouts, or Alpha Protocol, then you'll likely have a similar reaction.

Note that there are some extensive texture packs out for Deus Ex 1 that can reduce the degree to which the graphics have aged. 

LongBlade

I haven't played any of them, but I heard great things about 1 and the review I edited at ACG loved #3.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

I've had some fun with Human Revolution.  Picked it up on the 1-day sale at Steam for dirt cheap a couple weeks ago. 

It's like a mix of first-person RPG and Splinter Cell style stealth with more flexibility as to how much stealth/action style you want to use.  The near future cybernetic 'revolution' story is presented quite well too.  It's definitely got it's own style and is well worth $8.

Sigma One

I like the atmosphere of Human Revolution, problem is that my PC struggles with it on some parts of the city...looks like its time for an upgrade!