Squad Level Turn Based Tactics Steampunk Battles.........!!!!!!

Started by undercovergeek, July 11, 2013, 07:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I am now moist in the loins. Moreso than I was five minutes ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Hmm.

Wish I had $5k to throw away so I could get my likeness on one of the spellcaster's faces. Then Gus would really have a problem.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*

Finally a TURN BASED adaptation of a tabletop miniature game!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on July 11, 2013, 10:02:37 AM
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*

Finally a TURN BASED adaptation of a tabletop miniature game!

Surprised it's not a first-person shooter?

TheCommandTent

It looks cool but seems like XCOM in a different setting.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

Gusington

Looking more closely at the art style and it looks very much like a Warhammer title. Not that that's a bad thing but the look is very very close, almost identical to WH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2013, 07:22:26 PM
Looking more closely at the art style and it looks very much like a Warhammer title. Not that that's a bad thing but the look is very very close, almost identical to WH.

Warmachine is actually a very established miniatures games that's been giving Games Workshop a run for their money.

GJK

Warmachine is (somewhat) cheaper, supported, widely distributed and NOT from  Games Workshop.  Yes, it is a WH40K clone but not a WH40K  killer.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Tpek

^ No longer much cheaper.

When the creators at Privateer Press started it, they advertised it as a somewhat-indie game, that will not be a silly money grab like the GW games.

Since then, prices have consistently risen, while quality falls. If once all the models were high quality metal, now they are cheap plastic.
New books keep coming out and when they finally run out of an idea for a book, they redo the entire edition, over and over and over again.

The only thing that currently seems to make them different from GW in business practices, is that they are still willing to have their products internationally sold.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on July 11, 2013, 07:22:26 PM

Not surprising. War Machine is a competing minis system that has exploded over the past couple of years.