New Fall of the Samurai video

Started by Sir Slash, March 15, 2012, 02:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Total War Center has the latest developement video of Fall of the Samurai. It's at  http://twcenter.net/ 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

GIGGITY.

Thanks for posting, will watch when I get home.

Release is next week!!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

fran

Looks great, infantry and sea battles looks way to fast but perhaps that for the promo vid. (my 1st post)

Gusington

Welcome fran.

I promised I would not pre-order this but seeing the ranting and raving over this at TWC I may crumble.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2012, 02:56:49 PM
Welcome fran.

I promised I would not pre-order this but seeing the ranting and raving over this at TWC I may crumble.

+1 Welcome, Fran!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

fran

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of getting a system upgrade for this one. Playing Shogun 2 vanilla at the moment and it is a great game. oh by the way is there a thread that explain the existance of grogheads vs wargamer?

LongBlade

Quote from: fran on March 15, 2012, 03:25:30 PM
oh by the way is there a thread that explain the existance of grogheads vs wargamer?

Not in any intelligent manner. :)

Sir Slash

I'll tell you one. I posted the same note about FOTS video at wargamer and nobody has yet responded. Over here everybody's much more talkative. I just hope the torpedoes aren't automatic kills as I think it was a very unreliable weapon at that period. And third person cannons. Is this becoming a shooter?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

fran

Well I like the clean look, and very functional forum software. And that there are less ads that are dressed up as content.

Back to topic, I can think torpedoes is not as accurate as portrayed, but can be fixed in mods. Not mad about the graphics effect that is supposed to show high heat and shows it as slighty warped.

off board arty is great, and trains!. A lot of fun can be had with the 3rd person cannons, the port/coast battle is good new idea.

LongBlade

Quote from: fran on March 15, 2012, 03:42:36 PM
Well I like the clean look, and very functional forum software. And that there are less ads that are dressed up as content.

There is a reason for that.

When I ran Wargamer I firewalled the separation between Matrix and WG. Slitherine has bought Matrix and now owns WG. The resulting changes over the last 18 months are from that merger.

fran

Well all the best with new venture. It's looking good. WG was getting very stale.

LongBlade

Quote from: fran on March 15, 2012, 03:59:15 PM
Well all the best with new venture. It's looking good. WG was getting very stale.

Thank you. We're slowly building. Tell your friends. That's how we grow :)

Gusington

Just watched the video, right after losing my Ikko Ikki campaign in vanilla Shogun 2. Looks ultra violent and very fast paced. But it also looks like the TW game set in the era I've been waiting for forever. Going to pre-order from Amazon I think.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, fran!  Good to see you here. 

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2012, 08:28:32 PM
Going to pre-order from Amazon I think.
You're weak, man.  WEAK!! 

(...Said the pot to the kettle.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Pre-ordered last night :)

I am weak, 'tis true.

But this game, and I've said it before, has the potential to be my Favorite Game Ever. I mean it.

It has all the ingredients: it's a TW title, i includes ironclads, it takes place in the later 19th century, it presents a clash of cultures, and includes Gatling guns and takes place in Japan.

I almost feel like they are making it just for me. And 2 million other people.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd