Faith and begorrah, it's Friday!

Started by Martok, March 16, 2012, 02:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartford688

As I was away travelling, haven't done any gaming for a couple of weeks. Not even loaded ME3 yet (my b'day present sitting upstairs with "Art of" and Collector's Guide" books).

Since there was a free trial weekend, downloaded and tried out SW:TOR to play as a Republic Trooper.

And just now downloaded and installed the raft of new patches from AGEOD (AACW, WIA, ROP, and even an NCP from late last year that I had missed).

Too many good games  ;D

[Edit] Tried and now deleted SW:TOR...

Toonces

I have been playing the shit out of Skyrim.  I'm at level 20 now, kitted out in full-on Stormcloak officer garb, and just finished the liberation of Skyrim questline (I think).  I'm not sure where the story goes from here, or if I'm done.

Man, I'm drunk.  More later.  That final battle was like 3 beers' worth of fighting.   Whew.

Aloha,
Toonces
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Hartford688

Having discarded SW:TOR, I decided to have a look at a game I bought during the Christmas Steam sales - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold. Together with the Raven Shield 2.0 mod it looks pretty good so far. Still in training...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3431881/Rainbow_Six_3_Raven_Shield_2_0.html#Post3431881

Gusington

I have paused my progress in Skyrim to begin a Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai campaign. Trying to decide which faction to take. Definitely want to choose one with a naval advantage.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

The problem with pausing the game for too long is you forget what the hell you were doing.  I had to stop playing TMP, because I had no idea what I was doing anymore.  So I rolled up a new character, but I don't enjoy him as much as TMP.  Maybe I need to go delete all my save games and start TMP all over again.

Martok

I've ended up playing a fair bit of Distant Worlds: Legends with the newest beta patch that was released back on the 20th. 

It's been fun so far.  I've only had one CTD, and it's nice seeing the AI improvements to ship design (including & especially using player-created optimized designs). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

I have been introduced to EVE Online and spent nearly all weekend playing it. My only regret is that I did not try it out when it was first released nine years ago.

As usual, I logged on to World of WarCraft and World of Tanks long enough to do my dailies. Between the three MMOs, I didn't have time for any single player games.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.