Space Hulk Has Emerged From Warp! (Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?)

Started by JasonPratt, August 10, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2013, 08:03:46 PM
I didn't realize how intense and deep DoW II is. I am in love.

Just completed two missions that were giving me trouble yesterday and the game leaves me more exhausted than any other.

I might actually put Space Hulk on the back burner just so I can complete DoW II before Rome 2 arrives :)

Wait until you play the Chaos Rising expansion. IMHO it's the best of the series.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Yeah I remember your review. So far, as far as detail, DoW II blows away the detail in Space Marine, which was my WH40K entry point.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2013, 09:24:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2013, 08:03:46 PM
I didn't realize how intense and deep DoW II is. I am in love.

Just completed two missions that were giving me trouble yesterday and the game leaves me more exhausted than any other.

I might actually put Space Hulk on the back burner just so I can complete DoW II before Rome 2 arrives :)

Wait until you play the Chaos Rising expansion. IMHO it's the best of the series.

All true - i have a Chaos Rising campaign on the go and its very addictive.

Dakka Dakka Dakka!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

One of my favorite DoW II bits from the last few plays was figuring things out with the help of Bawb on Steam chat...lime how to pause the damned thing :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

lol - Gus, if you could have seen me frantically fumbling around the screen you would have laughed....and I found it by pure luck.........or at least, by process of elimination  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

^Shhh you're supposed to say how obvious and clearly marked it was etc etc...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I'm thinking of leaving my computer on all day attached to the internet, so it'll be ready when I come home.

...that couldn't possibly go wrong in any fashion, could it?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 14, 2013, 09:23:29 PM
I'm thinking of leaving my computer on all day attached to the internet, so it'll be ready when I come home.

...that couldn't possibly go wrong in any fashion, could it?

I often have to restart the Steam client before one of my pre-ordered games shows up for install.  Does that count?

JasonPratt

Doesn't matter, I completely forgot to turn on my computer anyway. :(

FOUR HOURS TO GO! FOUR HOURS TO GO! (or thereabouts) THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THIS GAME WILL LIVE UP TO MY HYPE!!  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2013, 08:32:21 AM

FOUR HOURS TO GO! FOUR HOURS TO GO! (or thereabouts) THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THIS GAME WILL LIVE UP TO MY HYPE!!  ;D

I agree.  I have my doubts on this one...seems to have gone through development a bit too quickly. There is so much they can do with the lore of this universe and so many ways to make the game seriously immersive.  I'm afraid its going to be really just like playing a board game, except without all the great social interaction. 

Anyway, I'm doing the review for GH, so stay tuned...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Did you change your avatar just for that post?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

PC Gamer mag had a pre-view that wasn't entirely complementary. It said the Space Marines move at the pace of continental drift and their guns jam constantly. Overall the pre-view was very positive however.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 15, 2013, 10:29:24 AM
PC Gamer mag had a pre-view that wasn't entirely complementary. It said the Space Marines move at the pace of continental drift and their guns jam constantly. Overall the pre-view was very positive however.

They are vetern space marines in Terminator armor walking down tight, confined, darkly lit corridors within one of the most hostile environments in the known galaxy.  Did the previewer expect them to move like ballerinas?

As far as gun jamming, perhaps it is an issue to take up with the serfs who were responsible for blessing the machine spirits...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Well, yes, that's the board game (and the previous computer game from back in the days of Doom).

That their guns jam so frequently makes no sense in the larger WH40K lore, but that's a major part of the boardgame design.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2013, 10:41:49 AM

They are vetern space marines in Terminator armor walking down tight, confined, darkly lit corridors within one of the most hostile environments in the known galaxy.  Did the previewer expect them to move like ballerinas?

As far as gun jamming, perhaps it is an issue to take up with the serfs who were responsible for blessing the machine spirits...

have you got it yet?