Tiller's Panzer Campaigns and Other Games -- Help needed

Started by W.S. Hancock, March 17, 2012, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.S. Hancock

So I have gotten a bug in me to play a few of these titles for some old fashioned hex and counter gaming.

Only problem is the graphics display.  All of the 2D displays are useless on my 24inch monitor as they are so small my 45 year old eyes cant see them.

I dont like the 3D mode.

Anyone know of a way to make these hexes appear at a reasonable size?  I see the same problem in the PzC, Modern Battles, Squad Battles, and  TWIE series alike.

Any help would be appreciated.

gabeeg

They are slowly...very slowly updating the series to expand the view for us middle aged and older folks.  Check out the HPS update page link here...I think anything updated since last August or September has the new 2x view.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_PZC/Updates_PZC.asp
Kind Regards,
Harry

Boggit

You need to change the text size so that it is readable.

Right click on the screen (minimise any applications running) click Screen resolution and then select make text and other items larger or smaller. Select custom. Clear the default entry by pressing delete. Type in 175, which will then add the % sign. Click apply and you're good to go. Run the Tiller game and it should be fine.

If you don't like the 175% increase, which I've found optimal for PzC and the majority of Tiller games, then just play about with this tool till you find something that works for you. If like me you have a lot of games on your system, then not all will work with this system e.g. Ageod stuff only works with the 100% setting. It's a little annoying to have to flip flop in and out of the settings, but if you don't want terminal eyestrain it's worth it. ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

W.S. Hancock

Thanks for the suggestion guys, both worked.

I wish they would hurry up with the transition and updating of all the games to the 2D magnified view.