Call of Warhammer for Medieval II: Total War

Started by Gusington, March 20, 2012, 02:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thanks to Fetrik for mentioning the Rage of the Dark Gods mod in the last Friday gaming thread, and for LB for turning me on to the Warhammer books, I am now unhealthily obsessed with the Warhammer universe. I have found that Rage of the Dark Gods is actually a submod for the older Call of Warhammer mods for M2TW. Here's a link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

It looks very well done, moreso than any WH40K mods that have been attempted. Has anyone played Call of Warhammer? If so post impressions here!

Thanks all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

I found this review link for those interested...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528588

It is suggested that much of the text/speech is in Russian, although it seems that an English version will be available sometime.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Fetrik

Quote from: Boggit on March 20, 2012, 04:44:11 PM

It is suggested that much of the text/speech is in Russian, although it seems that an English version will be available sometime.

That review was worthless, assuming you dl Gigantus "fixed" torrent. Seem like he used the first translation that was partly goggle translated. The review came up a day or two ago and by that time there has been better available for weeks.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138

Get the fixes from post #2 aswell. I've been seeding the torrent for little more than a week and uploaded 335GB!!

Gigantus improved version got better translations, english speech mod and so on. He is also very active and try to help and fix crash problems.

1.0.00 - 27th February 2012

- Added userpro's 'Hide UI' script
- Reworked strat map ground textures
- Added Galloper's 'English Voices for CoW 1.5'
- Added English text by Beregond, Grand Admiral Thrawn, The Holy Pilgrim and Poxo
- Added Timorfey's Unit pics
- Added Kahvipannu's re-skinned settlements (beta)
- Removed 'vanilla' files
- Replaced blockset\textures files with my reduced set from CoW 1.4.4 (where not covered by Kahvipannu's reduced work)
- Major reduction in strat model texture sizes
- Major size reduction of ui\unit_info folder by using the 'info_pic_dir' entry in EDU
- Enlarged 'empty' settlement symbols
- Detailed faction maps
- Corrected minor formatting typos in text\export_units and text\names
- Enlarged radar maps for better details

Since then he has made a lot of fixing.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Boggit on March 20, 2012, 04:44:11 PM

How about a Low Gothic version?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 07:40:08 PM
How are the factions, models, etc?

If you mean are they pretty then yeah, about as good as can be made in MTW II i think.

Gusington

Cool. Have you gotten far into your campaign? How is the campaign map?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

I have only played about 12 turns as Slaanesh. When i feel the urge i think i will take Sylvania for a spin. That's the campaign i enjoyed most in earlier versions. Undeath to everyone!
Map is just tweaked from 1.4, mainly to allow Chaos Dwarf settlements.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Xtiaan72

The original mod was excellent but very buggy. Is that straightened out? Game always crashed exactly 57 turns in playing as the Elves. Very frustrating for such a beautiful, full conversion mod.

It was also a bitch to install, have they made it easier?

Fetrik

Even the TW base games sometimes become corrupted. But yeah this mod seem to be improved. Some mods are just more likely to have troubles than others, some races may have more trouble than others. Also plenty of crashes only affect a few people. Only protection against corruption is to keep plenty of saves as far as i know.

Install is np. You dl the files using the torrent, install all 4 files which in most cases auto detect correct path (yes mod foldered). I think Steam users have to correct path themselves but there is tips for that if you have trouble.

Gusington

There's also a Witch King mod set to come out very soon as an add on.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Seytan

The original was buggy. I recall it had problems. Installing the original was a pain as well. The LOTR mod however was outstanding.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd