Fall of the Samurai is out now at Steam

Started by Sir Slash, March 22, 2012, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Steam is offering the base game today for $29.99 and the special edition with the Tsu clan for $34.95. If you want it a whole day early. BANZAI!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

I bought it yesterday to get the "Special Edition" (Tsu faction pack and soundtrack) for the cost of the normal thinking there'd be a pre-load.
In order to free up space I deleted Shogun 2 vanilla.

Turns out Fall of the Samurai is a stand-alone DLC for Shogun 2 and I now have to download Shogun 2 all over again :(

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Steam downloaded a major update for Shogun 2 over 5100MB for my game today. Many suspossed improvements and new multiplayer maps. I imagine they'll have all the special clans as DLC very soon. That's what they did with ETW & NTW.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yes the release of Fall of the Samurai also includes the release of a mega-patch for the original game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

I hope this new patch for Shogun 2 plays nicely with Darthmod that I am using for my current campaign!  :-\

Edit: According to TW forums the new patch breaks Darthmod 3.4 - so much for my current campaign.  >:(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Fetrik

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 22, 2012, 11:13:43 AM
I hope this new patch for Shogun 2 plays nicely with Darthmod that I am using for my current campaign!  :-\

Edit: According to TW forums the new patch breaks Darthmod 3.4 - so much for my current campaign.  >:(

That happens every patch. Should be playable after the mod is updated.

Yay! Now we got 40 unit battles.

Gusington

Anyone have Fall of the Samurai yet? Just got the email that my physical preorder copy shipped today. HEY NOW!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I see your Howard Stern and raise you a Joey Ramone:

BTW, I have that Jeff Wayne album on CD 8)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Totally, TOTALLY OT but there is a PC game version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (1998) and a new album is coming out from Jeff Wayne this June!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I was going to skip out on this until I read this:

New units can also be recruited from foreign powers, including the British Royal Marines, US Marine Corps and French Marines.

Damn it...they got me.  Instant purchase when I get home tonight.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

After the new mega-patch was installed, when I fire-up Shogun, it now tells me --there's new content available and at the start-up screen there's a 3rd person view of shore batteries pointing out towards a bay. They sure know how to hook you.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 01:42:47 PM
Totally, TOTALLY OT but there is a PC game version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (1998) and a new album is coming out from Jeff Wayne this June!

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is an absolute gem!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2012, 01:42:47 PM

It's quite a nice game actually, even if a bit buggy for its time (though certainly not for modern times :P).