Fall of the Samurai is out now at Steam

Started by Sir Slash, March 22, 2012, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

More OT,
Here's a project someone's started to put JW's WOTW to a computer-graphics movie:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL11D1F003AD95CAB5&feature=plcp
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Crap.  I started the Gamersgate download before I left for work this morning.  23GB!  It was finished when I got home but when I went to fire it up, Steam started doing its stupid auto-update garbage.  Now I've got another 5 hours to wait.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 22, 2012, 03:58:45 PM
More OT,
Here's a project someone's started to put JW's WOTW to a computer-graphics movie:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL11D1F003AD95CAB5&feature=plcp

Wow! A lot of work and quite nice at that!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Xtiaan72

I'm in. Downloading now... What's this talk of 40 unit battles? Hasn't it always been that way or are you guys saying you can have up to 40 on one side now?

tgb

Quote from: Xtiaan72 on March 22, 2012, 06:16:06 PM
I'm in. Downloading now... What's this talk of 40 unit battles? Hasn't it always been that way or are you guys saying you can have up to 40 on one side now?

Up to 40 on one side

Fetrik

Quote from: tgb on March 22, 2012, 07:06:02 PM
Quote from: Xtiaan72 on March 22, 2012, 06:16:06 PM

Up to 40 on one side

There is still only 20 units in a stack but if you have reinforcements you can have 40 units and either control them yourself or let the ai control some.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I started a campaign as the Mori.  Seems pretty good so far.  Naval bombardment on the tactical map is ridiculously powerful.  Even with my primitive starting gunboats, I was able to get 300+ kills in my two alloted bombardments in my first battle.  Firearms seem very weak, especially as they're supposed to be rifles.  The range is the same as bows.  I suspect they did this as a sop to play balance for multiplayer.  Hopefully the mods will get on both this and a mod that removes the bullet and cannonball streaks as they're laserlike as it stands.

mikeck

Yeah...I don't get CAs insistance on tracers...wtf? Anyway, I'm sure the first few mode will slow down units, extend rifle ranges, get rid of trails and nerf naval support. BTW, realistic or not...sending 3 torpedoes boats towards the enemy fleet and unleashing them is a trip...
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Anyone having trouble using the mouse on the bottom edge of the screen to move the camera backwards?  Mine does not appear to work.  I can use the keyboard just fine but not the mouse.  If I move in the other directions it moves fine too.

Jarhead0331

^Yes! I've been having issues with the mouse where camera control is concerned.

Also, I agree with SDR...Naval gunfire support is massively powerful.  Its like someone is dropping 2,000 pound bombs, or the USS Iowa is off coast.  Still, the concept is very cool and watching a well placed volley come down sure is fun as hell!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Fetrik

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 06:06:02 AM
^Yes! I've been having issues with the mouse where camera control is concerned.

Also, I agree with SDR...Naval gunfire support is massively powerful.  Its like someone is dropping 2,000 pound bombs, or the USS Iowa is off coast.  Still, the concept is very cool and watching a well placed volley come down sure is fun as hell!

Seem like naval support reach over a whole province. If that is the case then that is really bs.

Gusington

Anyone fight any naval battles yet? My copy arrives next week some time :/

Steam did dl the massive patch overnight for the original game though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

I will be buying a boxed retail copy rather than downloading a 22 Gigs of data through Steam, which will take forever on my connection!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Why bother?  Steam will just make you re-download the entire game anyway. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

It's a psychological thing. I bought a physical copy too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd