Fall of the Samurai is out now at Steam

Started by Sir Slash, March 22, 2012, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Ugh.

Will CA ever change their firearm-toting battle AI?  Or the lack of it?  :-\

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jomni

Yes arty seems to be the ace up my sleeve.  Makes the game quite easy on normal.  I only lost 1 battle so far.

I did get the receiving end once in a while and it's not nice.  But the generally AI uses them poorly.   He likes to do counter battery operations that are relatively ineffective compared to hitting the infantry.  Also, they like to use the old school wooden mortars that are immobile so my cavalry can quickly take care of them.

tgb

In Vanilla Shogun 2, didn't an alliance include indefinite military access, or am I misremembering?  In my current game, my main army got stranded because surrounding provinces were captured by my "allies", who then refused them access.

Fetrik

Quote from: tgb on April 02, 2012, 05:54:24 AM
In Vanilla Shogun 2, didn't an alliance include indefinite military access, or am I misremembering?  In my current game, my main army got stranded because surrounding provinces were captured by my "allies", who then refused them access.

Always needed to be negotiated. Unless it was a starting alliance or a vassal.

Gusington

^Yes I had to deal with exactly that last night as I tried to cross an ally's territory to strike at a [most hated] enemy and had to ask for permission to do so. It was granted though and I looted the enemy territory willy-nilly and gained 35k koku :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd