Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn released

Started by DoctorQuest, March 22, 2012, 02:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

I have been reading through the manual and watched the leadup to the first mission. Very impressive so far. IMO the quality rivals a commercial product. The only decision whether to jump right in or to go back and play the prologue to find out what happened to the Wellington! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 25, 2012, 08:07:42 AM
I have been reading through the manual and watched the leadup to the first mission. Very impressive so far. IMO the quality rivals a commercial product. The only decision whether to jump right in or to go back and play the prologue to find out what happened to the Wellington! :)

The prologue does a good job of bringing you up to speed on the various controls in the context of their use in a mission. If you have time I would certainly recommend it.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Ulfang

:) I loved my Wing Commander Days. Remember the FMV in Wing Commander III? It was like being in an interactive movie ;) And it was one of the few roles where Mark Hamill was actually half decent lol. Crazy to think that Prophecy was released in 1997! *counts fingers and toes* FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

Anyone remember that other space sim that have a decent video story with it starring Clive Owen? Was it Privateer?
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Shelldrake

Quote from: Ulfang on March 26, 2012, 07:43:08 PM
Anyone remember that other space sim that have a decent video story with it starring Clive Owen? Was it Privateer?

Yep. Privateer 2 The Darkening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET6UEXAmc68
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Staggerwing

And you just forgot to mention that Christopher Walken was in it as well?!?
It looks delightfully cheesy. I may have to track down a copy. Is the game's  video quality better than that on youtube?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Walken's interactive video?

Does it closely resemble his "The Continental" skits on SNL?  :o

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ulfang

Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

OJsDad

I'm enjoying this version of WC, I just need a flight stick to make it better.  Trying to fly with keyboard isn't helping my kill count.   8)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.