Crusader Kings II owners who bought from Gamersgate...

Started by WallysWorld, November 21, 2013, 01:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

That stuff is usually found in the news when clicking on your game in your library or otherwise select the game and right click; select go to game community hub or something to that effect and patch noties are always there. At least for the paradox titles.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 18, 2013, 04:28:10 PM
That stuff is usually found in the news when clicking on your game in your library or otherwise select the game and right click; select go to game community hub or something to that effect and patch noties are always there. At least for the paradox titles.

For Paradox, yeah.

Many of the other developers don't post anything on Steam about their nigh-daily updates.  I usually have to check the Steam forum to see if anyone found links to update info. 

There are always posts saying,  "WTF is this patch about?"  hahaa.

Ubercat

Quote from: Nefaro on December 18, 2013, 04:06:43 PM
OH MY GOD the amount of serials to type in!!  :o

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are your friends.  :D
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Martok

Incidentally, I've gotta remember to grab Sons of Abraham pretty soon here.  I've been wanting to try it out for a while now. 

Quote from: Ubercat on December 18, 2013, 08:51:17 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 18, 2013, 04:06:43 PM
OH MY GOD the amount of serials to type in!!  :o

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are your friends.  :D
Exactly.  I have all my game serial numbers saved to a WordPad sheet for just that purpose -- much easier!   

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

^For every downloaded game installer I make a folder and insert a .txt with the serial. Then, if there are patches or add ons I can add those to the folder along with the add on's serial in the .txt. Only problem is that after 10 years all my game archives are scattered across half a dozen salvaged HDDs in various storage boxes. I really need to get them uploaded to a cloud or onto an SSD or something before I lose several hundred $$ worth of games to a dropped shoebox or plastic crate.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Best tool I ever purchased was RoboForm for this and other purposes.....

1)  Has a notepad feature where you can create entries, perfect for centrally storing all my serial numbers/order numbers etc.  --  all in one spot

2)  Has a good web site password manager....great way to remember passwords/user ids for the tons of sites I visit

In order to ensure info is secure, built in encryption....have been using for years and have gotten my money's worth (pretty cheap).

bobarossa

Well, since I had already written off any further Paradox games due to them requiring Steam, now I guess I can give them a big FU for ruining this one.  I avoid games that require online activation like the plague they are.

Darkspire

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 19, 2013, 07:59:11 AM
Best tool I ever purchased was RoboForm for this and other purposes.....

That looks like an accident waiting to happen ... :o

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

PAK

Quote from: Nefaro on November 21, 2013, 03:20:43 PM
I'm okay with this as long as all my DLC on Gamersgate gets Steam keys.  Mainly because the Steam version's install can be ran without Steam even on, and can supposedly be backed up directly to a disk.

It is true, You can play Steam version CKII without launching the steam itself? Just like any game from the Gamersgate? Quite unexpected for a steam based game.

Pinetree

There's quite a few games on Steam you can play without activating the client, usually the ones without steam achievements. I always create a shortcut to the game .exe from the steamapps folder.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Nefaro

Quote from: PAK on December 20, 2013, 04:42:17 PM
I'm okay with this as long as all my DLC on Gamersgate gets Steam keys.  Mainly because the Steam version's install can be ran without Steam even on, and can supposedly be backed up directly to a disk.

It is true, You can play Steam version CKII without launching the steam itself? Just like any game from the Gamersgate? Quite unexpected for a steam based game.

That has been the case with some of the older Paradox titles.  I'm not sure if it is with EU4 though. 

bobarossa

Quote from: Nefaro on December 20, 2013, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: PAK on December 20, 2013, 04:42:17 PM

That has been the case with some of the older Paradox titles.  I'm not sure if it is with EU4 though.
I'd really like to know if this is true (about backing up to disk and about EU4).  It's the only way I would be able to convince myself to buy something through Steam. 

Nefaro

I've not tried backing up the install file and copying it to a new computer yet, so I'm not sure.  I recall hearing that being possible, even from some Paradox imp.  :D