Main Menu

For Space Sim Fans

Started by Shelldrake, March 25, 2012, 10:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

I was checking out Wing Commander/Freespace 2 projects and came across this site that is very cool. Lots of great stuff in development including a MechCommander game (MCO) that I am downloading to check out. As if I already don't have enough games to play!!!  ;D

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tpek

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 25, 2012, 10:34:13 AM
I was checking out Wing Commander/Freespace 2 projects and came across this site that is very cool. Lots of great stuff in development including a MechCommander game (MCO) that I am downloading to check out. As if I already don't have enough games to play!!!  ;D

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php

It seems to be based on Mechcommander's sourecode (which was released few years ago).
Is it based on the first or the second game's though?

Nefaro

Looks to be MC2 that it's based on, judging by the links to the page with extra campaigns. 

I'm interested in the current condition of the standalone mod, if anyone has the time to check it out.  Definitely had fun with the originals and it looks like they're doing a massive overhaul of #2.  8)

Nice find.

Shelldrake

I can confirm that it is based on MC2. Just went through a training mission and it looks like a solid effort. Something to hold me until mechwarrior online comes out!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM
I can confirm that it is based on MC2. Just went through a training mission and it looks like a solid effort. Something to hold me until mechwarrior online comes out!

So it's quite functional in it's current state?

Shelldrake

^Seems that way. There is even a campaign pack to download.

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 26, 2012, 06:39:43 AM
^Seems that way. There is even a campaign pack to download.

Thanks, I'll check it out soon.