Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by Bison, March 26, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I wanted to just chat about Skyrim.

As I wait for yet another micro-patch for Skyrim to download, I'm pondering the complete and total lack of spears in the game.  Seriously.  I can create a badass two handed war hammer, but I cannot strap an arrowhead onto a stick and make a spear.  Oh the humanity!  Or in this case Argonianity!

Bison

I also realized that I've created two characters in Skyrim and they are almost identical.  Except one is a magical pussy and the other is a magical human. 

What I need to do is create a crazy heavy armored, two hand weapon wielding badass.  Perhaps an Orc.

Gusington

Did someone say Magical Pussy again?

I have been playing with one avatar for my entire game time and he is just like me: a Dark Elf.

Except I am weening him off the heavy weapons and armor and training him to be a proper, dual-wielding battlemage because just that word is so fantastic.

Every day walking to work I wish I was a battlemage.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2012, 01:42:15 PM
Every day walking to work I wish I was a battlemage.

How about at work?!  ;D
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bison

The problem I have with my original dude is that I took about a 2 1/2 month break and now I'm so freaking lost that I don't know where to begin.  So I just rolled up a new guy, but he's in overall concept the exact same.  Which is why I think I need to go a completely different route and make a not battlemage type of character. 

Bison

Also I'd like to go on record as saying I don't really like the look of elves in this game.

Gusington

I am really becoming convinced that my Dark Elf avatar does resemble me in many intended ways and in some unintended ways. Physically we are built identically. His fighting style was different than mine would be if I had one (biggest weapons possible) and since I joined the Dark Brotherhood I just stopped using that style and switched.

Sure there were some growing pains but now I can defeat multiple dragons with ranged magic and weapons and I'm becoming decent at dual wielding, weather it be magic or axes, etc. It wasn't particularly difficult for me to break habits in Skyrim.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 26, 2012, 01:30:23 PM
I wanted to just chat about Skyrim.

As I wait for yet another micro-patch for Skyrim to download, I'm pondering the complete and total lack of spears in the game.  Seriously.  I can create a badass two handed war hammer, but I cannot strap an arrowhead onto a stick and make a spear.  Oh the humanity!  Or in this case Argonianity!

Have you ever heard of this Austrian dude called Freud? He's got some interesting theories that you might want to give a go.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Morrowind had spears. They were pretty cool looking, but fairly useless.

Also, LB speaks the truth.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Silent Disapproval Robot

There is a mod that adds spears and pikes to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qetClCcnS4

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

I am focusing on building the archery and light armor skills of my character.

I just wish my 'loot mule' would stop getting in the way, I keep shooting her in the back.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 26, 2012, 05:34:21 PM

Then again, Freud himself did say, "Sometimes a spear is just a spear."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on March 26, 2012, 07:14:19 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 26, 2012, 05:34:21 PM

Then again, Freud himself did say, "Sometimes a spear is just a spear."

I wonder how he felt about train tunnels...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ulfang

Quote from: Bison on March 26, 2012, 01:32:56 PM
I also realized that I've created two characters in Skyrim and they are almost identical.  Except one is a magical pussy and the other is a magical human. 

What I need to do is create a crazy heavy armored, two hand weapon wielding badass.  Perhaps an Orc.

This is probably the best Elder Scrolls game for magic. I always tend to prefer a melee character who can throw the odd fireball ;) I found that archery and sneaking has really improved since Oblivion. I have a female assassin type of thing going on on my Xbox version (I have it on PC, 360 and PS3) and she's great at stealth kills. My PC character is a typical Norse warrior but he also employs the bow (that also has soul trap) for long range sneaky kills that almost always provide a soul with one strike.
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo