Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by Bison, March 26, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I believe there's also a mod that changes the way the elves look in the game if you don't like the current ones. Which I also don't. I like my elves Arwen-ish or not at all, thank you. I can't make any progress in this game because I spend all my time wandering around looking at things.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

I'm just saying that I prefer my female elven babes to look like

as opposed to

Bison

Quote from: LongBlade on March 26, 2012, 07:14:19 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 26, 2012, 05:34:21 PM
Also, LB speaks the truth.

Then again, Freud himself did say, "Sometimes a spear is just a spear."

And sometimes it's just a stick with an arrow strapped to it, which is not something that existes in the land of Skyrim.

I'm going to be forced to Occupy Skyrim and protest.

Nefaro

Spears have always been lacking in most RPGs.

Even if they're present, you're often forced to use them 2-handed making them basically pikes.  It's a rare few you can actually use a spear with a shield, and that's what I'd push for if I were you.  ;)

Ulfang

Quote from: Bison on March 27, 2012, 02:15:19 AM
I'm just saying that I prefer my female elven babes to look like

as opposed to

Can't really argue with that!
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Ulfang

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 26, 2012, 10:46:58 PM
I can't make any progress in this game because I spend all my time wandering around looking at things.

Too true. I spend most of my time looking for the perfect scenery screenie. ni time to quest lol.

Gusington

Skyrim is the first game of its type in which I have used ranged attacks, either magical or bow and arrow. I enjoy attacking at range this game a lot more than others for some reason.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Interesting.  I was sort of thinking the same thing a while back.  Remember in Oblivion how difficult it was to get off a good shot at distance?  At least for me anyway.  In Skyrim, although one still has to manually aim, I find it a little easier to do.  Maybe has something to do with the reticle that is used when you hover the crosshair over a target.

Separate question for you all:

I've got Skyrim on my PS3, can someone justify getting it on Xbox as well?  This question has been tormenting me for weeks now and I've passed on several good sales due to my indecision. 

Not convinced that I would buy this game for PC btw, just sayin'.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

Quote from: W8taminute on March 27, 2012, 09:43:17 AM

Not convinced that I would buy this game for PC btw, just sayin'.

This is a huge mistake IMO. 

Gusington

^Graphics for PC will blow away either console.

As far as ranged attacks I sometimes find the aiming a bit difficult. But when I get a kill I find it satisfying. Hard to put a finger on it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ulfang

Depends what sort of gamer you are I suppose. The PC always blows console games away for graphics and you have the added bonus of thousands of player mods available on the PC. I have it in PC, xbox and PS3. The pc is the superior version for graphics and control/management. I like it on the console for if I want to play it in bed (i said play it not play with it) or on the sofa. The console version are my casual and comfy versions. The pc is my hardcore version complete with the folders full off mods and screenshots. I've played the PC version ten times longer than the console versions put together.

W8taminute

You guys raise some very good points.  No doubt about it, PC version is better for all the reasons stated.  When it comes to this type of game however I prefer the console version.  For me it's simply a matter of lying down on the couch and being nice and lazy whilst searching for quest items etc.  You should see me though when a battle erupts.  I jump out of my chair/sofa and start jumping like a wild man.  Can't do that with a laptop or desktop.

Strategy games on the other hand is a totally different matter.  PC all the way!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on March 27, 2012, 12:19:45 PM
You should see me though when a battle erupts.  I jump out of my chair/sofa and start jumping like a wild man.  Can't do that with a laptop or desktop.

I can jump out of my chair on the PC version, but the neighbors may call the cops on me if they mistake my naked agitation as playing on the bongos whilst toking illegal substances or something.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ulfang

Jumping in the air like a madman adds mothing to the game. Going out and finding someone who looks like an Imperial and bashing their brains in with a mace (well ok rolling pin) is the way to go!

erm .... not that i've done that.......