Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by Bison, March 26, 2012, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I enjoyed the game - but never finished it.  Once you master the basic play style it is pretty easy.  The game world is interesting and on a high end PC is is simply beautiful.

I got burned out about 2/3rds of the way through the main quest after having amassed a large number of levels.  I had a routine: sneak, poison the bow, snipe, kill then rinse/repeat.  I ended up getting bored.

Don't get me wrong - Skyrim is much better than Oblivion.  I liked Morrowind a lot better - but I found the main quest completely engrossing.

I just drifted back into playing Fallout: New Vegas for RPG good times.  Especially when I picked up the ultimate edition with all of the bonus content.

LongBlade

Quote from: airboy on March 27, 2012, 04:07:00 PM
  I had a routine: sneak, poison the bow, snipe, kill then rinse/repeat.  I ended up getting bored.

I didn't use poison much - but I did get to the point where it was fun to craft bows and enchant them. I put off the main quest for as long as possible, but after completing it never felt like I did before.

I think I found most of the stuff on the map, and while I didn't kick out every quest I think I got most of them. I definitely got my money's worth. Reminds me a lot of Fallout 3 is many respects, but that isn't a bad thing.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

GAH!  I've encountered a bugged quest.  A Time of Need.  So go down to some cave kill all the bandits and have an epic moment of orcish two-handed ax weilding badassery and take out six redguard and their boss in like 10 secs.  Then nothing nada.  No quest update.  /sigh/  Hopefully I have a save prior to this amazing act of awesomeness so I can try one of the work arounds. 

Ulfang

possibly this one?

A bug exists in the PC version where the player can approach and kill the Alik'r in the cave before speaking with Kematu. Performing a power attack will result in a finishing move on the Alik'r but will not trigger the others to attack. In this fashion the room can be cleared before engaging Kematu in either conversation or combat. Note: while the Alik'r are being killed Kematu may comment on someone having been murdered but there is no murder count increase for the player for these actions.
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Bison

Exactly Ulfang.  I whupped Kematu and his gang.  This is supposed to trigger one of the two quest line updates, but it doesn't it.  So I'll need to attempt an alternative method of taking this punk out.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on April 08, 2012, 04:45:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp

"...until I took a fiddlestick in the knee..."

I'm a sucker for pretty women playing violins. She has some great other videos as well. The 'Dubstep w/ violin' one is interesting.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnQQcIncq0

Want a pretty women playing a violin, how about 2?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

Hey fellow Skyrim-lings. I killed my very first DRAGON today. Now Lydia and I are up to our butts in valmers in Fallingmist Cave and I'm completely hooked on this game now. Question. Is there any real need to ever eat or sleep in this game? My guy never gets hungry or tired.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 12, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Hey fellow Skyrim-lings. I killed my very first DRAGON today. Now Lydia and I are up to our butts in valmers in Fallingmist Cave and I'm completely hooked on this game now. Question. Is there any real need to ever eat or sleep in this game? My guy never gets hungry or tired.

Food restores health.

You can also catch diseases which lower stats (I forget - haven't played in a while). Resting will also restore some stats that decline after too much adventuring, but I'd have to read up on it for specifics.

I suggest you google some wikis for Skyrim and check them for sleep, health, and food. There are reasons to take a time out.

Ulfang

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 12, 2012, 09:57:33 PM

Mmmm Lydia

Eating is only for health/stamina boost

You don't have to sleep but if you do you get the message you feel fully rested which gives a boost to how fast your skills increase.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Sleeping
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Gusington

^Yes what Ulfang said. You might be interested in contracting some of the diseases prevalent in Skyrim such as vampirism or lycanthropy as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2012, 09:25:03 AM
You might be interested in contracting some of the diseases prevalent in Skyrim such as vampirism or lycanthropy as well.

A quote only to be found here.

Gusington

HA well, yes. Hang that on a shingle outside the GH office door. I contracted full blown vampirism and it transformed the game and almost drove me insane. I hear that lycanthropy is much more user friendly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2012, 09:41:53 AM
HA well, yes. Hang that on a shingle outside the GH office door. I contracted full blown vampirism and it transformed the game and almost drove me insane. I hear that lycanthropy is much more user friendly.

I got it, used it once, and never did again. By the time I had it, my bow and stealth skills were so high it was superfluous. At lower levels those things might be quite helpful.