StarDrive -- 4x "action strategy"

Started by Martok, February 01, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

I don't have access Martok.  >:(

Even though I paid the extra money for Beta, the Desura folks got straight into alpha.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Martok

Ah, that's right.  I'm still rather annoyed with Desura over that (as are you and many others, no doubt). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on February 06, 2012, 10:40:48 AM
LOL.  That's actually an image of the Kilrathi, one of the playable races in the game.   They're inspired by the Bulrathi, one of the races from the Master of Orion series.

Kilrathi were also the cat-like warrior race in the Wing Commander games.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 07, 2012, 07:57:40 AM
Quote from: Martok on February 06, 2012, 10:40:48 AM
LOL.  That's actually an image of the Kilrathi, one of the playable races in the game.   They're inspired by the Bulrathi, one of the races from the Master of Orion series.

Kilrathi were also the cat-like warrior race in the Wing Commander games.

Uhhh...someone hasn't read through the thread.  ;)

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 07, 2012, 10:05:58 AM
:-[

Haha!!! Awww...I'm just having fun with you Shelly.  Glad to see you posting here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Martok on February 07, 2012, 04:21:25 AM
Ah, that's right.  I'm still rather annoyed with Desura over that (as are you and many others, no doubt).

I'm thinking there will be compensation. Even if it is only the "feel good" feeling of supporting an indie Dev in need.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 07, 2012, 11:46:56 AM

I'm thinking there will be compensation. Even if it is only the "feel good" feeling of supporting an indie Dev in need.

Your compensation is that you don't have to deal with the shitty Desura client.  :P

LongBlade

I just downloaded Unstoppable Gorg. Played through the tutorial and really liked what I saw.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Tpek on February 07, 2012, 12:05:44 PM

Your compensation is that you don't have to deal with the shitty Desura client.  :P

Go figure, I actually like the Desura client!

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

Martok

True. 

As for myself, I'm fine with only having pledged enough for a release copy.  I'm not a fan of alpha/beta-testing, however necessary it is.  (It's the same reason I've stayed away from the Fallen Enchantress beta, even though I have access to it.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 07, 2012, 01:07:40 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 07, 2012, 12:05:44 PM

Go figure, I actually like the Desura client!

Would you happen to know how to choose where I'd like to install my games then? :P

Arctic Blast

At the very least, I would hope that SoM is wearing a monocle. Maybe the monocle-tophat-walking stick 'Mr. Peanut' combo, or is that me getting greedy?

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 07, 2012, 08:40:10 PM
At the very least, I would hope that SoM is wearing a monocle. Maybe the monocle-tophat-walking stick 'Mr. Peanut' combo, or is that me getting greedy?

This is only my after dinner attire in the drawing room. For special occasions I wear a full two-tailed doubled breasted tuxedo and spats. For very very special occasions, I only wear the spats.

Tpek, I don't know... it hasn't been an issue for me.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Just remember - there is *never* a special enough occasion to wear only spats.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.