Paradox Live Streaming Event Today

Started by LongBlade, March 28, 2012, 09:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Paradox will live stream a newscast about four of its upcoming titles today.

Paradox Interactive will be showcasing its four recently announced titles including Dungeonland, A Game of Dwarves, Starvoid and The Showdown Effect, LIVE on TwitchTV starting today at 11am PDT / 8pm CEST.

The TwitchTV live stream event, starting at 11am PDT / 8pm CEST, can be viewed at the official Paradox Interactive channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

A description of the games:

QuoteDungeonland

A theme park is a magical place reserved only for children, right? Wrong. DEAD wrong. Dungeonland redefines the idea of having "fun" in a fantasy theme park as it attempts to entrap your heroes and let them line up for their demise. Playing as the Rogue, the Warrior, or the Mage, heroes will adventure in a classic co-op dungeon crawl, with a sinister twist: three players can play as the daring heroes, while a fourth takes on the role of Dungeonland's Game Master, using a pool of traps and monsters to annihilate their unwelcome guests! Featuring hero customization, looting and dozens of items, Dungeonland is an amoral, atypical take on asymmetric gameplay.

A Game of Dwarves

A Game of Dwarves, from acclaimed independent developer Zeal Game Studio, is a classic management game that will place players in the role of a dwarven prince, trying to expand his colony of bearded brethren. Miniature minion managers must aim to amass treasure while dispatching creatures from the depths of the world in the process. Drinking, digging, and development are all a part of this new take on dwarven-kind, in an adventure that won't short anyone's fun.

The Showdown Effect

Created by Arrowhead Game Studios, the same brilliant and eccentric minds behind Magicka, The Showdown Effect is a 2.5D multiplayer action game in which players will be participating in death-matches to gain glory and fame. The Showdown Effect operates on the principle of "more is more" and offers infinite amount of ways to customize your gameplay. Whether its character, stage, game mode, or weapons, customize as much as you want and control how creatively you want to kill your friends! Remember, the gorier it is, the better the showdown you will have!

Starvoid

Starvoid takes players to the final frontier for a new style of competitive RTS gaming! Would-be commanders will choose their sci-fi heroes and fight strategically alongside teammates and droids in a struggle for resources. On the battlefield, players will have an arsenal of combat droids, vehicles, and ingenious abilities ranging from deployable machine gun turrets and minefields to repair nanoids and orbital rocket strikes. Arsenals are constantly being refilled as fellow commanders respawn instantly and are immediately allowed to re-enter the battlefield after being eliminated. Prevail and celebrate your victory with your teammates in the arena!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

The only Paradox published game I want to hear anything about right now is Naval War: Arctic Circle.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 28, 2012, 12:54:09 PM
The only Paradox published game I want to hear anything about right now is Naval War: Arctic Circle.

Oh, all right. I'll play some more and try to get you some impressions.

Greybriar

The only Paradox published game I want to hear anything about right now is Warlock: Master of the Arcane.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

You thinking it's going to be what Elemental should have been?  It does show promise, I'll admit.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on March 28, 2012, 04:32:33 PM
You thinking it's going to be what Elemental should have been?  It does show promise, I'll admit.

as does...... umm.......... ill be right back

undercovergeek

...........masters of the broken world

LongBlade

Quote from: Greybriar on March 28, 2012, 04:23:20 PM
The only Paradox published game I want to hear anything about right now is Warlock: Master of the Arcane.

I've been playing it and I like it.

If you're looking for a good turn-based fantasy strategy game, it's light but satisfying. I played the heck out of the preview. I've slowed down a bit now but am more than happy to fire it up again. I need to get a review out on it anyway.

Nefaro

ARGH!

Good job, Bison!  You just cursed it by mentioning the "E" word!  Perhaps you'd like to inquire if it will be what SOTS2 should've been, too!?  :P

;D

Bison

To be honest I just assume Paradox published games are going to be borked upon release.  Harsh?  Perhpas.  Factual?  Yes.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on March 28, 2012, 12:54:09 PM

April 10th Bison, April 10th!

Martok

Quote from: Greybriar on March 28, 2012, 04:23:20 PM
I'm curious about this one as well. 

I'm sure that's what a lot of folks are thinking/hoping. 

Quote from: LongBlade on March 28, 2012, 05:30:46 PM

I've been playing it and I like it.

If you're looking for a good turn-based fantasy strategy game, it's light but satisfying. I played the heck out of the preview. I've slowed down a bit now but am more than happy to fire it up again. I need to get a review out on it anyway.
Thanks, LB.  That's good to hear. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces