Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star ON STEAM!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The days of the miserable patch process are OVER!!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Any word on current owners getting keys or do we have to purchase again if we want them?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Cool!  Hopefully this will mean more sales and more money for the dev team so they can further develop MIUS FRONT.

Oops, looks like they put up some incorrect screenshots on Steam and are showing T-62 tanks. 

-budd-

no kidding...... do we get keys.....must investigate.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

Honestly...I'm thinking of paying again just to support them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I glanced at  it seems strategy first is the publisher.I don't think Graviteam is with them anymore...thought they self published now. GG shows Graviteam as the publisher. The steam version does have the new logo and name...don't know the setup at this point and can't find any version numbers on steam page. Could strategy first publish a older version that had rights too on steam? Nothing on graviteam site from the makers yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM
The days of the miserable patch process are OVER!!!!

Jeezus --  this is fantastic news.   :)

magnus

I would be wary of something released by strategy first on Steam.

I believe they just released a week or two ago a game that was not anywhere near finished.

It turned out the developers weren't even dealing with them anymore and it was an old build.

I do not remember the game but it was posted about on RPS.

Some one on SIMHQ said that they got an email from Andrey, so it might be legit.

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 11, 2014, 07:44:23 PM
Honestly...I'm thinking of paying again just to support them.

I agree 100%

I will uninstall my previously purchased version of operation star and the prophet one and re purchase on steam. It's worth it to not have to play "puzzle solver 2.0" everytime a patch comes out!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

sandman2575

Hmm, it is slightly concerning that there's nothing about this on the Graviteam site -- at least the English section.

The dev. listing of Strategy First does seem a little strange...

Not many games I'd consider buying again just to support the devs, but this is one.  Having it on Steam will be great -- if the current offering on the up and up - ?

Dolan, you're the GTOS authority -- any insight on this?

Dolan50

Graviteam never mentioned this about Steam.
And the only thing I know about Strategy First is they sell the old versions of this game.
Gamersgate is the preferred distributor of this game by Graviteam from what I understand.

Until Andrey mentions this on the Graviteam forums or SimHQ I would be wary of this version of the game on Steam.

I'll ask Andrey about this on the graviteam forum.

I know there has been talk of a multi player aspect being added to Mius Front but nothing definite has been agreed on by Graviteam and Andrey is still convinced that only 1 in 10 people who own the game will be interested in this type of venue for the game.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

undercovergeek

if its legit - im in - the weird patch process has kept me away

Grim.Reaper

Saw this on the steam forums where the person claimed to get this info from the company...not sure if accurate or not.

***info***

I sent an email to Graviteam and got a reply from Vladimir Zayarni, the CEO.

They do officially support this product and it was put on here under contract with Strategy First.

The current contract is for Graviteam's strategy games, specifically the game Operation Star and the addons Sokolovo and Volokonovka.

In the future there will be newer DLC.

After that they'll be waiting for a royalty report from Strategy First on the sale figures from Steam.

Bletchley_Geek

RPS pulled down the article regarding Strategy First not paying royalties and putting stuff on Steam without having the right to do so. The only left of the article is the URL

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/05/new-developers-report-no-payments-from-strategy-first/

which is interesting.

Without word from Graviteam confirming this was done with their consent, I would say PASS.

PS: Just saw Grim.Reaper post. I will personally wait until they get their cheque. I would hate to be subsidizing the dodgiest publisher around, right after Kalypso Media...