Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star ON STEAM!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 12, 2014, 12:59:11 AM
if its legit - im in - the weird patch process has kept me away

Ditto. Glad I waited! But I'm torn between this and the Matrix release today of Heroes of Stalingrad. Can't afford both!!??

undercovergeek

i dont think its legit - id lean toward HoS were i you

sandman2575

Sounds like it's reasonably legit at this point -- Graviteam has weighed in (after their fashion) and have given their blessing.

Folks that have been on the fence about GTOS -- Steam *is* the answer. The patching process was a massive headache, and Steam should make keeping the game up to date a snap.

Fans of the Combat Mission / Theatre of War / Panzer Command games really need to give this a try. At $25 it's a no brainer.

undercovergeek

Dolan50

I don't think SF offers the up to date patched version of this game.
I could be wrong but I would wait on purchasing APOS/GTOS from SF until the issue has been verified.

Andrey mentioned before that they never had very good relations with SF and I'm not sure if they patched up that relationship with a new deal or if SF has just found a new venue to offer the older version of this game.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Official word from Graviteam.
Not much in the detail department though.

February, 11 2014

Now available on Steam:

1. "Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star"
http://store.steampowered.com/app/275290

Best Regards,
Vladimir Zayarniy
CEO GRAVITEAM

https://twitter.com/graviteam
https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSupLxIuiiJ4Yq4oWq4Fsaw

P.S. Oficial "Software License and Distribution Agreement" - Graviteam and Strategy First
may be coming soon NEW Graviteam Games on Steam....( wait reports steam..)

P.S.S. Now ADD new video. Coming soon new screenshots
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

MikeGER

Quote from: Rayfer on February 12, 2014, 08:10:05 AM
... But I'm torn between this and the Matrix release today of Heroes of Stalingrad. Can't afford both!!??

go for HoS, if you like that kind of game
(i was on the beta so i had a chance to spend some time with it  :) ) 
Operation Star is good but not so unique and its competitor Combat Mission Red Thunder is behind the horizon (4 weeks) but most important at Steam titles like Operation Star will be on sale from time to time very soon, while it will take some considerable amount of time until HoS will be in on sale at Matrix (Thanksgiving, if your were lucky the earliest and thats only with a small probability)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Andrey posted this over at SimHQ.  Sounds like SF just went ahead with the Steam release on their own.

Quote from: andrey12345
1) Steam version is from Startegy First publisher, not Graviteam itself
2) Probably (I hope) the same as GG version w/o dec13a patch.
3) I hope standard game updater still works...
4) We dont have a Steam version from Steam now and dont see what is it.

Rayfer

Quote from: MikeGER on February 12, 2014, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on February 12, 2014, 08:10:05 AM
... But I'm torn between this and the Matrix release today of Heroes of Stalingrad. Can't afford both!!??

go for HoS, if you like that kind of game
(i was on the beta so i had a chance to spend some time with it  :) ) 
Operation Star is good but not so unique and its competitor Combat Mission Red Thunder is behind the horizon (4 weeks) but most important at Steam titles like Operation Star will be on sale from time to time very soon, while it will take some considerable amount of time until HoS will be in on sale at Matrix (Thanksgiving, if your were lucky the earliest and thats only with a small probability)

Good points....I'm tilting in that direction, especially having played a lot of the Squad Leader boardgame way back in the late 70's.  And the Steam sales occur quite often.

Dolan50

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 12, 2014, 01:00:16 PM
Andrey posted this over at SimHQ.  Sounds like SF just went ahead with the Steam release on their own.

I'm under the same impression.
Andrey had mentioned before that he never knew what SFs plans where concerning this game since they have very little contact with them.
As far as he knows they still have the rights to the older version of APOS and the Volokonovka DLC and maybe Sokolovo but not the current versions that Gamersgate sells.

If Vladimir the CEO at Graviteam made a new deal with SF concerning Steam,Andrey seems to be in the dark about it.
I think even if a deal has been made it's conditional and may not suit either parties involved in the long run.

Graviteam is a self publisher and is very wary of turning over exclusive rights to their products after being burned by other companies in the past and also have a history of being very single minded when determining the direction they want this series to take.

I don't think you will be seeing automatically patched and updated versions thru Steam any time soon considering what has transpired in the past.

Rayfer

Quote from: Dolan50 on February 12, 2014, 01:28:05 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 12, 2014, 01:00:16 PM

I don't think you will be seeing automatically patched and updated versions thru Steam any time soon considering what has transpired in the past.

And this uncertainty is what is keeping me from buying....it's the automatic patching, update versions and dlc ease of adding on that is what makes it appealing on Steam.  At least for me it is. If we don't get them, then why bother?

Dolan50

Quoteit's the automatic patching, update versions and dlc ease of adding on that is what makes it appealing on Steam.

I think the Steam/SF deal may be an initial step in that direction,but don't quote me on this.

I was more hopeful that Graviteam was courting SF and Steam for adding a Multi player aspect to this game.

It's still too early to determine exactly what this new deal means and I understand that the lack of an automatic updating service and players manual are big turn-offs to a lot of potential customers but I think Graviteam is at least taking steps to address this issue.

The game has the potential to appeal to a mass audience with the right backer that has some real money to invest,but to tell you the truth I don't think SF is it. I could be wrong and hope I am,as I truly look forward to being able to play this game online against other players as dedicated to this game as much as I am.

In some respects I don't mind about the lack of an automatic updater as it would probably weed out the novice noobs that generally ruin most online games for me,but the Graviteam community is a pretty hard core and tight knit community and I would enjoy very much sharing some online east front action gaming with them.

Regardless,whatever Graviteam decides is alright with me since I've been very pleased with everything they've done so far-except Zhalanashkol,wasn't interested in that DLC.

Dolan50

Quote from andrey(lead developer at Graviteam)

QuoteGTOS sold in many places, not all is Graviteam's.
We sold directly throught Impulse, Desura and GamersGate.

Matrix or Steam are publishers selling, and we cant get and give keys or serials from this places.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dolan50 on February 12, 2014, 05:43:30 PM
Quote from andrey(lead developer at Graviteam)

QuoteGTOS sold in many places, not all is Graviteam's.
We sold directly throught Impulse, Desura and GamersGate.

Matrix or Steam are publishers selling, and we cant get and give keys or serials from this places.

Clears that right up. 

Thanks for the info.

Dolan50

75% discount on GTOS and all DLC (ENG & RUS)
February 24 to March 3

http://graviteam.ua/home/news/51-discounts-feb-mar-2014.html

These discounts are at Gamersgate