Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star ON STEAM!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

I think I'll finally buy Shivolo with this sale.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Silent Disapproval Robot

Wonder how the dev team is doing?  Their offices are in Kharkov, right? Anyone know if the unrest hit there?

Rayfer

My feeble mind still struggles with this thread....does the Steam version fully patch itself without having to go through that convoluted process that has been thoroughly discussed and explained in other threads? And, are the dlc's available through Steam as well?

Dolan50

I don't have the steam version,but from what I understand the Base game is fully patched and sold at steam and the DLCs will have to be purchased at GamersGate.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

QuoteWonder how the dev team is doing?  Their offices are in Kharkov, right? Anyone know if the unrest hit there?

I think Kharkov is in the Putin camp and support the Russian Federation.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

mikeck

Quote from: Rayfer on February 24, 2014, 07:40:52 PM
My feeble mind still struggles with this thread....does the Steam version fully patch itself without having to go through that convoluted process that has been thoroughly discussed and explained in other threads? And, are the dlc's available through Steam as well?

Yeah, I didn't think it was possible for this game to become mechanically more difficult to get up and running... Yet here we are with an added element of confusion.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

Quote from: mikeck on February 24, 2014, 10:35:56 PM

Yeah, I didn't think it was possible for this game to become mechanically more difficult to get up and running... Yet here we are with an added element of confusion.

No one's forcing you to buy.
Buy something else then.

Pinetree

In glorious Ukraine, You don't play Graviteam Tactics, Graviteam Tactics plays you!!
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Rayfer

Quote from: Dolan50 on February 24, 2014, 11:06:39 PM

Buy something else then.

I have always wanted this game and drool over the aar's and screenshots, I am just not computer literate and was hoping the Steam version would make the patch process easy. I realize no one is forcing me into anything.

Tuna

Quote from: Rayfer on February 25, 2014, 09:28:15 AM
Quote from: Dolan50 on February 24, 2014, 11:06:39 PM

Buy something else then.

I have always wanted this game and drool over the aar's and screenshots, I am just not computer literate and was hoping the Steam version would make the patch process easy. I realize no one is forcing me into anything.

I'm thinking it would be worth to buy again through Steam, if it would be self updating!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 26, 2014, 10:22:27 AM

I'm thinking it would be worth to buy again through Steam, if it would be self updating!

It's obviously not the latest versions so I wouldn't bother.

Dolan50

andrey12345   2 hours ago   

Now GT try to adopt game to STEAM tech. At first achievements and stats will be available in STEAM.

Change log from dec13a standalone patch to future STEAM patch

--- March 2014 ---
1) The algorithm for squad placement for AI in ambush mode was changed.
2) Added restriction on the minimum distance for the crews leaving vehicles.
3) The level of command is not reduced if all units can't execute the order.
4) Adjusted ammunition layout for T-34 and OT-34 tanks.
5) Fixed a bug with the display for accum damage in statistics.
6) STEAM support.

Rayfer

Quote from: Dolan50 on March 10, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

andrey12345   2 hours ago   

Now GT try to adopt game to STEAM tech. At first achievements and stats will be available in STEAM.

Change log from dec13a standalone patch to future STEAM patch

--- March 2014 ---
1) The algorithm for squad placement for AI in ambush mode was changed.
2) Added restriction on the minimum distance for the crews leaving vehicles.
3) The level of command is not reduced if all units can't execute the order.
4) Adjusted ammunition layout for T-34 and OT-34 tanks.
5) Fixed a bug with the display for accum damage in statistics.
6) STEAM support.

Not at all clear to me on what those first three lines mean in context to the question of whether the Steam version will update the game to the latest version and remove the complexities of adding dlc's and patches?

Jarhead0331

^agreed. Every time Andrey opens his mouth, the situation becomes more cryptic and I am left more confused.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dolan50

QuoteNot at all clear to me on what those first three lines mean in context to the question of whether the Steam version will update the game to the latest version and remove the complexities of adding dlc's and patches?

I don't know.
I can only assume that with the new March patch that Graviteam is trying to adapt the game to the way Steam does patches and updates.

I don't have any games on my Steam account except for a few demos,so I won't be the one that will be verifying this if that is what Andrey is alluding to.

Lately He hasn't been posting much of anything and the March patch is news to me that I happened on in the Steam forum.
The March patch was never advertised on the Graviteam forum page.