Arctic Circle Interview

Started by Bismarck, April 03, 2012, 11:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Arctic Circle up for Pre-order - releases tomorrow:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NWAC/naval-war-arctic-circle

The bad news - it is Steam attached (if you didn't know already).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Shelldrake

Definitely on my to buy list as long as initial reviews are good.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sigma One

I played a bit of the early beta but haven't had time for the later ones with the updates. From what I've been hearing I'm sure the actual game will be great.

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on April 09, 2012, 10:16:31 AM
Arctic Circle up for Pre-order - releases tomorrow:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NWAC/naval-war-arctic-circle

The bad news - it is Steam attached (if you didn't know already).

So when does it actually get released? 18:00 UTC as usual?
Or immediately when the Steam servers in the U.S notice it's the 10th :P

undercovergeek

you can buy it on gamersgate now - at least here in blighty you can

MIGMaster

Yeah - I see it's available on GamersGate !!  :) Must pick it up !

Tpek

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2012, 04:34:59 AM

You can buy it here as well (from GamersGate).
Except Steam doesn't have it yet, and the game uses Steam as a DRM.

Staggerwing

I'm not sure that Steam needs to list the game in order for you to play it. Try inputting the serial number and see what happens.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MIGMaster

Quote from: Tpek on April 10, 2012, 05:10:12 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2012, 04:34:59 AM

You can buy it here as well (from GamersGate).
Except Steam doesn't have it yet, and the game uses Steam as a DRM.

Yeah, I just did an install but Steam won't activate it !

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Well crap.  I should've read this forum first.  I bought and downloaded through Gamersgate and, at 7 am PST,  the game activated on Steam just fine for me, except it's the beta version.

undercovergeek

so whens it actually 'out'?

having been bitten by the ProN release on steam and not getting any of the beta patches until they went official i wanted to avoid a steam purchase - is that not an option?

Bismarck

Guys, 

I have no official info but when I was playing the beta last week, they admitted they were still working.  My Steam account says it's a pre-order coming soon.  They pulled my beta. Yes, I fear everything Paradox will require Steam.
Jim Cobb

Tpek

Quote from: Bismarck on April 10, 2012, 12:18:35 PM
Guys, 

I have no official info but when I was playing the beta last week, they admitted they were still working.  My Steam account says it's a pre-order coming soon.  They pulled my beta. Yes, I fear everything Paradox will require Steam.

The game requires Steam for sure. If you go to Gamersgate you'll see the DRM is Steammworks.

Yet Steam still doesn't list the game at all, and the forum for Naval Warfare on Steam is for a completely different (arcade) game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Install's f%$ked right now.  If you try to install the GG version on Steam, it tells you pre-order is still locked and asks if you want to install the Beta.  Then it refuses to let you do that either.

EDIT:  Steam client finally updated at 10:30.  Half hour late, but the game's installing now.