Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?

Started by W8taminute, March 23, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on March 28, 2014, 09:01:53 AM

On the bad side right now there are a few things. The diplomacy system is broken. You have some options to make friends but no way to stop a war until the AI comes to the table and there is no way to adjust their offer. Take it or leave it. AI also shifts quickly from alliance to war without a clear reason. I'll chalk this up to being a beta and hope this really gets worked out well for the main release.

That actually sounds like they didn't change anything with the original's Diplo system.  It was the same.

MetalDog

I like the originals Diplo.  It's very orderly.  Alliance-they can't attack.  If they are allied and want to attack, they have to step down to Non-Aggression, then Neutral and THEN War.  It's why I always keep at Non-Aggression.  That way, I will know what the AI plans when they next approach.  If they want out of the NA, it's War, shortly.  Alliance?  Especially a decent offer of Gold/Mana/Spell?  I'll take it!  And they ALWAYS support their Allies in a war.  They'll get you into their fair share of wars, but I think it's generally worth it.

@ the question for modding: I don't know how to do it, but, I was just thinking the other day about making an Elric mod for this.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

I believe they adjusted that in a patch along the way, MD.  IIRC, it would originally just go from ally or non-aggression to war whenever it felt like it.  I recall that being one of the initial complaints about the game.

MetalDog

Quite possible.  I got into the game rather late.  Not that I haven't made up for it though ;)

skeptical.platypus

I believe in Trailer Park Simulator 2: Electric Boogaloo you also get to battle on shards. Complete the Wife Beater outfit, and gain +2 to courage, but you must spend an extra hour each day watching reality television. -4 to Hopes and Dreams.

(It's roguelike in that you play until a tornado hits.)
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

Is that the one where you have an optional side quest for the legendary and magical Last Set of AMC Javelin Bumpers?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

skeptical.platypus

After you've video taped your second cousin making relations on Nana's giant plush Velvet Elvis rug? Yep, that's the one.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

PanzersEast

Have seen some feedback saying the game is just too easy to defeat.... not sure what others are seeing.

PE

MetalDog

The first Warlock isn't all that difficult either.

Martok

SpaceSector has posted their review.  They give it a 6.5/10. 

The TL;DR version: 

The Good:
- Excellent variety of unique and interesting units
- City design offers interesting choices while remaining easy to manage
- Multiple victory conditions

The Bad:
- Worst AI I've seen in a recent strategy game
- Low replay value due to little challenge even at the highest difficulty
- New Exiled Mode fails to deliver a satisfactory ending
- Very few additions made to the Warlock series to justify full sequel asking price
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces