Ultimate General gameplay footage..

Started by TacticalWargames, March 30, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

I find it weird to see all of the fire going on, and then no results. It removes the immersion a bit when so many rounds flying don't leave any bodies behind. Hell, the unit sizes didn't even seem to shrink in any noticeable way. I'd like some visual representation of mounting casualties.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 31, 2014, 07:47:00 AM
its ironic that one of the first thing Darth always released for the TW games was a 'troop slow down' feature

LOL!

Indeed.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 31, 2014, 01:56:10 PM
I find it weird to see all of the fire going on, and then no results. It removes the immersion a bit when so many rounds flying don't leave any bodies behind. Hell, the unit sizes didn't even seem to shrink in any noticeable way. I'd like some visual representation of mounting casualties.

Yep. I would also like to see more carnage.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2014, 02:24:31 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 31, 2014, 01:56:10 PM

Yep. I would also like to see more carnage.

you can see the troop numbers falling when the shooting starts, and then they fall some more when one of the brigades get blasted by canister shot

FWIW i didnt see any of that watching the footage sat on the toilet using my Samsung, as soon as i switched to PC it was like 'oooohhhhhhhhhhhh, look at all the units and stats, and in battle comments the HQs make'

magnus

Hot damn!

It looks like the pictures in a book about the Civil War, from about 40 years ago.

Nefaro

Quote from: magnus on March 31, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Hot damn!

It looks like the pictures in a book about the Civil War, from about 40 years ago.

I think SOW does if you play it zoomed out a ways.

jomni

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on March 31, 2014, 07:43:49 AM
The kid in me likes the graphics while the old man wants a speed slider.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Superb looking game, I hope he takes into account us auld yins  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Looks like we are getting very close to early access release....no brainer, day one access for me...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/226914718/1401122963

Grim.Reaper

wow...and the expected price is only $10.......

from the developers post......

"Price for the Early access edition will be 10 US Dollars. Price might go higher for the release version"

JudgeDredd

I love low prices - but that sounds ridiculous
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

oh man - just when i thought id drawn a line under this years purchases - dammit

Anguille

undercovergeek

i suppose itll answer the question thats usually levelled at Matrix - sell it cheaper to pull the numbers in - hope it works for them

Grim.Reaper

I am not certainly going to say no to cheap prices:)

I wonder if it will be destined for a bunch of dlc add ons....