Ultimate General gameplay footage..

Started by TacticalWargames, March 30, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

I wasn't initially going to get this but $10 you can't go wrong.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

TacticalWargames

$10? So much for the niche game high price idea..:)

bobarossa

you guys do realize that $10 is just for the Early Access version.  They stated the release version could be higher.  I'm waiting for the tablet release.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bobarossa on May 31, 2014, 05:15:19 PM
you guys do realize that $10 is just for the Early Access version.  They stated the release version could be higher.  I'm waiting for the tablet release.

Yep...but I fully plan to buy the early access so full retail price does not matter to me:)

Can't imagine the full price being much more though, I would think still less than $20 which still seems like a bargain.....

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Anguille on May 31, 2014, 02:43:04 PM
10£$? That's too cheap, isn't it?

well within Mirth's price range.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

if it plays like it looks though I have no problem spending $50+ on it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bobarossa on May 31, 2014, 05:15:19 PM
You do realise that some early access games seem to be heading towards the "I'll charge more than release version" model? Total Annihilation and Elite Dangerous to name two that spring straight to my head

That's why we're kind of surprised.

And even then, $10 is STILL very, very low...unless that is only the early access price and doesn't give you the game when complete
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I still think you guys may be jumping the gun with the celebrations. Frankly, although the map looks sleek as hell, I was pretty discouraged by the gameplay videos. I felt that combat was way too fast paced and as a result, it didn't really feel authentic at all. Additionally, the $10 price point makes me nervous. Just how much game is there?  While I realize that raising concern over a bargain price is illogical from the perspective of a consumer, the fact that this game is bucking the pricing trend of the industry just has me a little skittish and makes me wonder...

Just me .02.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 01, 2014, 02:01:11 AM
I still think you guys may be jumping the gun with the celebrations. Frankly, although the map looks sleek as hell, I was pretty discouraged by the gameplay videos. I felt that combat was way too fast paced and as a result, it didn't really feel authentic at all. Additionally, the $10 price point makes me nervous. Just how much game is there?  While I realize that raising concern over a bargain price is illogical from the perspective of a consumer, the fact that this game is bucking the pricing trend of the industry just has me a little skittish and makes me wonder...

Just me .02.

I do agree the price has me scratching my head and wondering how much game can be there....but....I actually have set myself with low expectations even if it is not the grandest Civil War game out there...still looks like I could have $10 worth of fun:)  Just seems like it might be something unique to play around with....

Deadskin

Jarhead, I can't find it now but I did read in one of the discussion threads (don't recall if it was steam forum or main site) that the gameplay shown in video is sped up. Also their will be a pause button so you can easily issue orders when things get more hectic.

bobarossa

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 01, 2014, 01:21:11 AM
You do realise that some early access games seem to be heading towards the "I'll charge more than release version" model? Total Annihilation and Elite Dangerous to name two that spring straight to my head

That's why we're kind of surprised.

And even then, $10 is STILL very, very low...unless that is only the early access price and doesn't give you the game when complete
Actually, I don't.  I never use Steam (anti-online DRM stance) so I don't know how the early access works when the final release occurs.  I'm hoping the tablet version works on my Nexus 10 and isn't missing key features.

Apocalypse 31

Sir Slash

Isn't this game done by Darth Vader as in the Darthmods from the Total War series?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.