Unity of Command Easter Sale

Started by tgb, April 05, 2012, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

I just got an email that it's on sale directly from the developer for $20.  That's $10 less than Matrix or GamersGate, and well worth it for one of the best war games in the last year.  http://unityofcommand.net/

son_of_montfort

OOOOOOHHHHH!!! I have been waiting for a sale like that... but so many other games are releasing soon (notably Diablo III, Out of the Park 13). I'll have to think about that!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Slick Wilhelm

Yeah, if you didn't buy UoC yet, this is the time. The interface is quite elegant.

tgb

SoM:

You really are missing out if you don't jump on this.

jomni

Thanks for the update.  I just bought it.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

I got it too. Not sure how long it will hold my attention, but definitely a superbly elegant interface.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I have been interested in this game since it's release. Besides the interface what is it you guys love about it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Svend Karlson

I bought it, thanks for posting the deal tgb.

Anyone else interested in MP? I'll practice in SP a bit first, but definitely interested in some multiplayer.

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2012, 09:16:06 AM
I have been interested in this game since it's release. Besides the interface what is it you guys love about it?

Challenging AI (watch your supply lines).  Everything is transparent - you know exactly what the results of an attack will be, and why.  Supply is abstract, but still critical.

Gusington

^Thanks tgb. Does it have a distinct Eastern Front "feel?" Does it give the player a real sense of time and place?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2012, 10:35:32 AM
^Thanks tgb. Does it have a distinct Eastern Front "feel?" Does it give the player a real sense of time and place?

I suppose.  The maps are authentic, as are the units.  Soviets are more plentiful, but not as powerful as the Axis.  Also, as the Axis you will find yourself relying on piss-poor Yugoslavian and Hungarian units to watch your supply lines.  But don't get me wrong - it's not as accurate as, say, War in the East.

Speaking of which, that's something else I liked about it.  Most scenarios won't take more than an hour, maybe two, to finish.

Gusington

^Really? That gets me more interested. Finishing a scenario in an evening would be great.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2012, 11:31:02 AM
^Really? That gets me more interested. Finishing a scenario in an evening would be great.

You really should pick this up, but one thing I will warn you about - do NOT start with either of the campaigns.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd