Civ V: Gods & Kings on June 19

Started by steve58, April 05, 2012, 12:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/1222409p1.html

Looking forward to this one.  Has anyone seen a price for it yet?? ah never mind...looks like its going to be $30
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

I guess I'm going to have to get this one, eh?  I could do w/o religion in the content, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I'm pretty excited about this expansion.  I think the spy feature is going to add a great element to the game.  The religion doesn't bother me; it's just another layer.

Barthheart

I'm also looking forward to it. Looks cool so far.
:)

Steelgrave

Guess it's something for everybody, lol. I love adding the Celts, love adding religion, and hate spying. Hopefully you can pick and choose as per Civ IV.

Gusington

Includes a unique scenario in a Victorian science-fiction setting.

Really...now that got my attention.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2012, 05:28:12 PM
Includes a unique scenario in a Victorian science-fiction setting.

Really...now that got my attention.

I totally missed that one! My all time favorite Civ scenario was in Civ II or III, the World of Jules Verne. It was difficult but awesome! Sweet!

Gusington

^Just one of the many services I offer :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on April 05, 2012, 05:36:53 PM
^Just one of the many services I offer :)

Must resist urge to make inappropriate comments....

TheCommandTent

I am also looking forward to this.  Perhaps we can get a Grogheads mulitplayer game going once its out.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

I'm still trying to learn Civ IV. But if the Victorian scifi scenario is quality I will jump all over Civ V.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Ooh yeah, I would go for the Viccy stuff. Anyone remember Chaos Engine by Bitmap Brothers?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bismarck

I hope it's good. I've been a tad disappointed with Civ V.
Jim Cobb