Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I'm liking everything I'm seeing and hearing so far.  Looking forward to this experience; could be one of my "exit games."
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Wolfpack345 demos the game! Just dropped an hour ago!

Actual commentary starts at 2:00; not sure if the first bit is his own gameplay or a formal demo film. Is that the music in the game? Very punchy! Reminds me somewhat of Michael Giaccamo's score from the first Medal of Honor shooters (where he's channeling John Williams.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

It looks like these are real gameplay videos by DiplexHeated !

The_Admiral

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2023, 04:35:39 PMWolfpack345 demos the game! Just dropped an hour ago!

Actual commentary starts at 2:00; not sure if the first bit is his own gameplay or a formal demo film. Is that the music in the game? Very punchy! Reminds me somewhat of Michael Giaccamo's score from the first Medal of Honor shooters (where he's channeling John Williams.)

It is gameplay - as in, the AI playing against each other using tools that will be available to the human player, but still need to be designed properly in the way they will be turned into a proper General User Interface.

Music is made of the prototypes for the in-game tunes, yes indeed :)
By Aleksi & Jonathan. Aleksi Aubry Carlson was the composer on Atlantic Fleet, Cold Waters & War on the Sea. He'll return along with Jonathan Figoli in Sea Power (and obviously TFA).

Cheers :)

Thomm

The_Admiral,

I enjoy watching your videos, because everything is looking so damn good, especially the explosion and impact effects in water.

But that makes me wonder: Are the explosion effects for bomb hits on ships final? These look a little bit cheap and out of place. They do not look like actual explosions in the sense of rapid events to me.

Also the fire effects. It does not look good that the fire sprites just 'pop up' to full size out of nowhere. They should somehow grow in size.

If these are work in progress, just ignore my comments. It is just that you set the bar so high with the water hit effects that I find it remarkable that the other hit effects do not reach the same standard, especially since hits on ships should be the highlights of the gameplay.

JasonPratt

I'm fine with the explosions and fire effects. A balance has to be struck between how they'd look close-up, and how much invisible 'work' is being done on them from far away.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Impressive video by Wolfpack, and I liked the footage. Impressive detail on the ships, aircraft.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

em2nought

Quote from: The_Admiral on August 15, 2023, 01:45:10 AM
Quote from: em2nought on August 14, 2023, 10:48:44 PMI think maybe Garyowen instead of Wagner.  :leprachaun:
Aye, but finding a royalty free Garry Owen is harder than it looks ;)
This Wagner one was part of the Youtube free asset library, so it did not get us in trouble - but even over there at Facebook I had to answer to a copyright claim just for that.

Besides, not sure who will hate me the most between our Navy or our Army followers if I was to dare to try to edit a Cavalry tune together with a USN dogfight. It's like good recipes & food, even with the best ingredients you cannot mix certain things together, y'know ^^

I was kind of thinking "Butch O'hare", I forget about all those pesky laws we have sometimes.

I'll probably just load my "Tora! Tora! Tora!" soundtrack into my CD player like I do for any Pacific Theatre game.  :ThumbsUp:

Task Force Admiral is looking swell!
Stolen elections have consequences.

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 15, 2023, 04:35:39 PMWolfpack345 demos the game! Just dropped an hour ago!

The music reminded me a bit of the combat sequences in the movie "The Battle of Britain"   
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln