tharsis onsale at gog,its the best windows tablet game Ive played,Mac/PC

Started by gameleaper, June 12, 2016, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

https://www.gog.com/game/tharsis

its 50% off at gog.com, I loved the turn-based dice game, then I put it on my windows tablet and its the best experience of a tablet game Ive played.

Ive never seen a more exciting dice game.

gameleaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ZIlw6Z6PQ

Ive had a chance to play all night, and its fantastic  1) you can play a full game in 20mins, or if you lose 3 mins   2) its easy dice game , but tricky to first pickup   3) Turn-based   4) nice art

If you want a game that's a quick pick up and put down this is it, Its so addictive I know this because I cant stop playing just one more mission every few minites. 

I challenge you to watch the full youtube vid and not buy it, its simply the best game Ive ever bought for short fast excitement

bbmike

I have it on PC but haven't tried it yet. I know there were a lot of complaints when it released that it was almost too difficult to win.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Its very hard , but that is what makes it replayable, you lose all the time but it only takes a few minutes per try, so you keep trying and its roguelike so its always new playthroughs

when I say its very hard, you get a varied way to do things, like instead of fixing a modules, go for more dice instead, or play a card to fix hull, its an interesting play

Philippe

I've got it on Steam and rather like it.

I really didn't like the idea of the dice at first, but after you've played a bit they become quite endearing.

This is another of those games that may not be to your taste, but the Steam refund policy comes to your rescue and stands in for a demo.

So buy the game on Steam and play it for a couple of hours.  If you like it, keep it.  If you don't, go for the refund.

I rather like the game, and am intrigued by the idea that it uses physics instead of a random number generating program (or at least that's my understanding).

I haven't managed to do the entire voyage yet, with or without cannibalism, but love the challenge of trying to do something against the odds (and they seem to be long).

People are the new chicken !
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.