Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Hrmm.. CSGO does look enticing.  I recall having a lot of fun with some CS-like shooter years ago (around 2001?) where you earned money to buy equipment in between each multi-player match. 

It was a "tactical shooter", of course.  Quite easy to be incapacitated with one or two bullets to the center mass, bunny-hopping was useless, and you couldn't hit much of anything while you were running.  Unlike many FPSes.  Which is a must for me.  Does CSGO fit close to that definition?  I know it's been around for awhile but I never checked it out.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on May 24, 2014, 07:37:51 PM
Hrmm.. CSGO does look enticing.  I recall having a lot of fun with some CS-like shooter years ago (around 2001?) where you earned money to buy equipment in between each multi-player match. 

Yeah, what you just described is CS.  Based on the year, it probably was the original version.  CSGO is the third? version now, I believe.  The formula hasn't changed much because, like with StarCraft, that would upset the e-sports community.  So you will probably find the same game you remember, but with better graphics.   :)

QuoteIt was a "tactical shooter", of course.  Quite easy to be incapacitated with one or two bullets to the center mass, bunny-hopping was useless, and you couldn't hit much of anything while you were running.  Unlike many FPSes.  Which is a must for me.  Does CSGO fit close to that definition?  I know it's been around for awhile but I never checked it out.

CSGO is very unforgiving, like you said: one or two hits and you are done.  I have noticed a bit of bunny hopping , but I am not sure if that is just due to gamers bringing their CoD habits into CSGO.  For the most part, it doesn't do any good.  The game can be fast paced, though, so don't expect a slow belly-crawler like Red Orchestra 2.  CSGO is often about "the quick and the dead".  :knuppel2:

Here is a good vid to show you the current gameplay (well, except for the running hostages.  They have to be carried out now.  I guess this was an earlier version of CSGO).  Pay no mind to the silliness in the first few seconds, that is the warm-up period where people just goof around as they wait for the timer to countdown. 

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

PanzersEast

Working late..... coming home after a late night strike on an enemy airfield.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Well, continuing my boredom journey of trying new sport sims....Pro Cycling Manager 2013 was real cheap ($6 from Amazon) so decided to give it a try.....I know nothing about cycling, but what the heck....could be fun to learn something new:)

JudgeDredd, aren't you a cyclist....this should be right up your alley!

undercovergeek

The Taking of Baisha Village:-

AT troops are flown to the perimeter of the village to cover against enemy probes

A Russian BTR watches the advance whilst the first AT troops on the scene launch a missile in his direction

After a number of near misses from his ground based colleagues, a Lynx 3 pilot pops up to do the job properly

First blood to the British forces

Command troops move in to capture the abandoned factory district on the left flank............

..........whilst Royal Marine Commandos secure the outskirts on the right flank

Barthheart

undercovergeek

RooksBailey

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 26, 2014, 04:24:07 PM
si senor

Those are some great screenshots!  Makes me almost ready to get my copy of RD!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 26, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

A Russian BTR watches the advance whilst the first AT troops on the scene launch a missile in his direction

That's a BMP, Geek.

:P

undercovergeek

Oooo I wonder if the game illustrates vehicle misidentification could have sworn it was IDed as a BTR

Never mind - tis a heap of melty bits now

undercovergeek

On the right flank the enemy moves up AA platforms to halt the advance of troop laden choppers, the AT teams stop that right away

Enemy armour is rushed over the bridge to deal with the defenders in the village, at the expense of their last missiles the AT teams pick them off

A Chinook lands to the rear of the defenders on the right flank bringing much needed supplies, it also provides repairs to the Lynx 3 in the background

The last of the enemy armour comes over the bridge, alarmingly the missile that destroys it has come from the left flank meaning the right flank is completely out of supply

At the same time artillery begins to pour into the defenders on the left flank

Whilst UK commanders wonder how to counter the artillery effectiveness on the left, better, faster T65 armour comes over the bridge on the right

W8taminute

Awesome awesome and more awesome Grim.Reaper

I've been wondering if these games are any good since 2012.  Let me know what you think about the game.  6$ is a very attractive price.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Added a couple graphics mods to my HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns games.  Actually makes it look a bit like a modern game.  O0

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on May 27, 2014, 04:57:22 PM
Added a couple graphics mods to my HPS Modern/Panzer Campaigns games.  Actually makes it look a bit like a modern game.  O0

Jison's MapMod and VolcanoMan graphics?
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres