Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

thats pretty much what happened to me JH - ive been away that long, this is like playing a new game, for all intents and purposes it may as well have just been released  - its still fresh, plays great and im hooked

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 10, 2015, 10:49:31 AM
I had totally forgotten how awesome the Wargame series is...I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Wargame franchise on sale  (-75%) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/251060/

Red Dragon only $9.99.

JudgeDredd

And there you have it...total victory!

I have no idea how long I played this scenario. It was 1.5 hours in actual game time, but I think I must've been playing 4 or 5 hours

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 10, 2015, 11:05:07 AM
thats pretty much what happened to me JH - ive been away that long, this is like playing a new game, for all intents and purposes it may as well have just been released  - its still fresh, plays great and im hooked

...and new free DLC today!!!! The Nords!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

looks cool too - my intention is to beat every skirmish map with every countries forces - that job just got bigger!

undercovergeek

Ok, so same map, but with an entirely different strategy - after winning in the above sequence, i went on to lose 5 and draw 2, a few tweaks to the deck and here goes :-

This time the first wave of infantry go in with infantry support vehicles - not the fragile choppers. And the first wave are now Fusileers - cheaper than Marines but now the backbone of the infantry force

The infantry take control of the central factory complex - the plan is to defend here and break the back of the enemy as they attempt to take it

Small ATG vehicles cross the bridge to the west of the factory and hide in the woods overlooking a vital crossroads in the town, ready to ambush any advance

This time, my recon comes armed

New recon troops are shipped to the flanks of the enemy - Greenjackets aboard their Puma head for the hills to oversee the enemy, a strategy sadly lacking in previous battles

With the factory secure, Marines are sent in to cover the advance, now in infantry support vehicles. A Chinook brings supplies to the left flank

Having dropped off their Fusillers at the factory, the Warriors took position in some woods overlooking the town - they devastate any light vehicles attempting to cross the bridge

The Greenjackets watch and wait, providing vital intel to the troops around the factory

Nefaro

I always try to include a Ranger or SF unit in a helo or fast vehicles in my decks.  Really pays off getting them forward into a good covered vantage point for recon purposes.  Having advanced knowledge of what is coming your way, or in your way, can pay off extremely well for the cost of a squad and the slot.  O0   Hell, good recon units in general are a big factor.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 10, 2015, 01:17:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 10, 2015, 10:49:31 AM
I had totally forgotten how awesome the Wargame series is...I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Wargame franchise on sale  (-75%) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/251060/

Red Dragon only $9.99.

Still fear it is going to be too fast paced for me but this got me to part with my money for the Franchise Pack.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Pete Dero

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on February 12, 2015, 01:40:23 PM

Still fear it is going to be too fast paced for me but this got me to part with my money for the Franchise Pack.

I installed cheat engine 6.4 speedhack (single player only !!) for Airland Battle.  It allows you to slow the game down and even lets you pause it while you can still give orders.  http://www.cheatengine.org/aboutce.php

Cheat Engine is an open source tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under window so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference

It comes with a memory scanner to quickly scan for variables used within a game and allow you to change them, but it also comes with a debugger, disassembler, assembler, speedhack, trainer maker, direct 3D manipulation tools, system inspection tools and more.

Download : http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

I suggest you only use the version without Open Candy (it could be considered to be Malware)

For those that want to have Cheat engine without automated installer and Open Candy recommendation during installation, click here (Please note that you need to clear your registry manually if you ran a previous version of CE and make sure that the folder CE is extracted to is writable)

Short tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZ2okB8WNQ
You can also add ingame shortcuts via Edit - Settings - Shortcuts

PS for Airland Battle it only works in windowed mode.  Alt Tab doesn't seem to work in full screen mode.

undercovergeek

Interesting - didn't know about that, the only reason I don't play ALB - will give this a try

undercovergeek

so, ive coloured in, played the magic tooth fairy game and dominos - shorty to bed - now its time for Doombar, ribs and Red Dragon

Meanwhile, in the forest over looking the factory units, AA units wait in ambush for any Russian air power

And AT units hide in woods over looking a bridge crossing to our exposed flanks

On the left, enemy heavy armour advances

which makes short work of the Warriors and AVRE's

More Marines reinforce the left to counter the tanks and infantry advance there

Enemy advances are stopped cold at the crossroads, but whilst the Marines are low on ammo the enemy starts flying in Spetznaz troops

The ever reliable Challengers move in as the enemy blankets the left in smoke to cover the special forces advance

Anti air take down further Spetznaz elements before they can land

Whilst the Marines are resupplied

The enemy goes for an all out helicopter assault - anti air is moved upto the front

Nefaro

undercovergeek

Cheers nef - I'm happy I've mastered this map now, onto the next one tomorrow

undercovergeek

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 12, 2015, 02:09:44 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on February 12, 2015, 01:40:23 PM

I installed cheat engine 6.4 speedhack (single player only !!) for Airland Battle.  It allows you to slow the game down and even lets you pause it while you can still give orders.  http://www.cheatengine.org/aboutce.php

Cheat Engine is an open source tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under window so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference

It comes with a memory scanner to quickly scan for variables used within a game and allow you to change them, but it also comes with a debugger, disassembler, assembler, speedhack, trainer maker, direct 3D manipulation tools, system inspection tools and more.

Download : http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

I suggest you only use the version without Open Candy (it could be considered to be Malware)

For those that want to have Cheat engine without automated installer and Open Candy recommendation during installation, click here (Please note that you need to clear your registry manually if you ran a previous version of CE and make sure that the folder CE is extracted to is writable)

Short tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZ2okB8WNQ
You can also add ingame shortcuts via Edit - Settings - Shortcuts

PS for Airland Battle it only works in windowed mode.  Alt Tab doesn't seem to work in full screen mode.

oh my word - it only frikking works - ALB just became as adjustable as Red Dragon, oh man, choices now - to the shores of China or back to Western Europe

i have one problem, i have configured the shortcuts to increase and decrease the speed, but if i pause for more than say 5 seconds, the screen washes with colour and nothing can be seen, increasing the speed washes it back to normal again - i dont know if this is a cheat mechanism in the game - but even half speed, is good enough and then back upto normal when youre in control of the situation again

time to watch those ALB deck building vids again!

Con

Just finished up a PBEM game of Combat Mission Red Thunder (my first PBEM game in this series).

Very different feel and tactics on the Eastern Front compared to Normandy.  The scenario was Baravonchi which is a wide open map with scattered woods where as Ivan you need to push through the German scattered resistance and take a defensive line and a town at the far end of the map.  I was having fits from the German tanks which were squirreled away with great LOS behind the village.  Finally had to do things the way Stalin did and just ordered my tanks to roll forward trusting that Fritz would not brew them all up.  This plan was very exciting and very historical.  This tanker made it alive and should be awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union since he basically un hinged the German defensive line by himself (for those who can't read his battle report it is as follows)

20 KIA
2 Panther VG Early war
2 Panther VA Mid war
1 SPW 251/1 Ausf D
2 Hetzer Tank Destroyers

Con