Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 01, 2015, 08:34:17 AM
I've always had a soft spot for the Devastator since I was a teen after reading about the death ride of Torpedo 8 at Midway, hence my current choice of avatar.

After years of flying simulations, I find I'm interested in planes that are not usually simulated much -- Devastators, Buffalos, Gladiators, Beauforts etc.

W8taminute

Found this cool mod called 'The Red War'.  It's set in a pre-WW2 version of Calradia and it's not meant to be taken seriously.  Still, the creators attention to detail is pretty impressive.  I started a new character.  Here's a re-cap of his first hour in this land.   8)

Main menu

Surveying the town centre

Met the mayor of a nearby city
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on March 01, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Found this cool mod called 'The Red War'.  It's set in a pre-WW2 version of Calradia and it's not meant to be taken seriously.  Still, the creators attention to detail is pretty impressive.  I started a new character.  Here's a re-cap of his first hour in this land.   8)

Main menu

Surveying the town centre

Met the mayor of a nearby city

What the hell!!! Where's that cowboy mod???

W8taminute

^^I see vehicles on the map like trucks and cars but they're mostly used as travelling merchant caravans.  No vehicles so far in battle.  The great news is that you can fire off smg's, rifles, semi-auto pistols, and lmg's without that annoying slow reload.  I just killed 20 guys in one battle with my Bergman model 1915 submachine gun.  You gotta get up close and personal with that weapon though in order to score some hits. 

^The cowboy mod is on hold atm.  The Red War is a world war two lovers dream come true.  I'll post some screenies later of my troops firing off their MG34's.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

And here I am wielding my sub machinegun in a battle we just won.  Note the MG34 being carried by the soldier on the extreme right.

Here I am with my men after successfully defending a city against an enemy siege battle.

Nefaro

Now to learn the best tactics for flying this beast..

undercovergeek

Time to try out the West Germans - im a little underwhelmed by their deck, poor transport helis, no sexy attack choppers/gunships, poor choice of air, no SEAD, we'll see how it goes

Germany on the attack - Leopard 1s, and Jaguar 1 AT units, Dornier choppers on the horizon

Our Dornier choppers are toothless, hardly any self defence, intercepted here by a Hind, the onboard ATGM troops are toast

CAS inbound

Too late for the Kommandos but the Hind goes down

Concealed Leopard 1s cover the approach from the bridge

and any that get past meet ATGM troops in nearby farm buildings

A heavy armoured assault takes place on the left

allowing a large convoy to approach our rear lines

Hes no Apache or Hind, but this little fella drops behind the convoy and takes out the Command vehicle and packed APCs as they approach the last town

Keiler tanks crest the hill to remove the enemy from the town

As is becoming the norm across all nations bar the Russians, my black Ops goes horribly wrong - they couldnt find a big enough clearing to land and eventually found one across the way from AA units

Marders drop off Panzergrenadiers in the ruined farm, and advance on the Russian lines causing enough casualties to force a surrender

Close for the West Germans, ill have a tweak of the deck - good tanks and infantry, poor air

WallysWorld

Love those screenshots and story bits you post, undercovergeek. Please keep on posting.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

With some minimalist decals:

F8F-1 Bearcat

La-7

P-38G

Mk XIVe Spitfire (Griffon engine)

W8taminute

^Love the decals but I sure do miss adorning my fleet with flags for free.   :'(

undercovergeek

I realised surfing JD's Challenger model tank thread that the very first model i built in 1982 was an Airfix Grippen - i loved it, it looked fearsome, at the time i had no idea what the triple crown decals meant, or realised that it was in fact a Swedish plane where i should have been building Harriers and Jaguars - i guess my dad didnt know either!

So with that in mind im going Swedish next

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 06, 2015, 05:11:23 AM
So with that in mind im going Swedish next

*Sudden mental image of a charging Stridsvagen 103 with UCG in the commander's hatch while ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' blasts from massive external speakers mounted to the hull*
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

KyzBP

UCG- What game are you playing in the above posts?