Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Not at all - I hate those kind

republic

Harmless?  I don't think the Formics would agree...

Meanwhile, I revive a guy and pop my head up to see this:

Finally, the last thing the citizens of Zoozebane saw before they ceased to exist...the Leviathan Ghostship.

undercovergeek

awesome stuff - whats the last one?

and you were quick to the screenshot button for the passing rocket!

JudgeDredd

Good shots. I'm calling replay on the rocket 😁
Alba gu' brath

republic

lol ya it was a Shadowplay replay, I saw it whiz by and made a note to check that round's footage.

The last game is Sword of the Stars II, I was encouraged to give it another try from the Polaris Sector thread, and I am SO glad I did.  That game has improved 100x from the last time I played.  Combat AI was broken, but now ships roll and pivot around to keep undamaged sides towards the enemy, enemies attempt to encircle you...good stuff!

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on March 28, 2016, 02:39:58 PM
lol ya it was a Shadowplay replay, I saw it whiz by and made a note to check that round's footage.

The last game is Sword of the Stars II, I was encouraged to give it another try from the Polaris Sector thread, and I am SO glad I did.  That game has improved 100x from the last time I played.  Combat AI was broken, but now ships roll and pivot around to keep undamaged sides towards the enemy, enemies attempt to encircle you...good stuff!

I saw regular reports about SotS2 campaign games freezing the the program sometime after ~150 turns.  Debated revisiting it last month, too, but that didn't encourage me too much.  :-\

JasonPratt

Recent Steam reviews are ambivalent on the balance. Apparently the memory leak still exists, but MAYBE just stopping and restarting the crashed game will allow a continue -- until it happens again. With increasing regularity on large galaxies and/or as cultures develop up complexity.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

FWIW, in tens of hours of play, I have never had the above noted issue.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

High altitude pursuit.  Our two 109s chasing a fleeing Mustang (iirc).

My Yak-3P got bounced pretty hard.  Yet, despite missing both ailerons, wingtips, and various other Stalinwood pieces, I still managed to close & kill an enemy Pe-2 player.   Who is flying through our base's AA on a distant bombing run in this pic.

I would turn the Anti-Aliasing up further on this game, and other air combat games, but that washes out the little enemy aircraft specks you see at a distance.  Which isn't good.  But I really dislike "jaggies" so I still went with 2x AA.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2016, 08:21:57 PM
^Cool pics, Nef!

Thanks Mirth!

It's amazing how undemanding WT Air Forces is regarding video performance.   

It may not be the best looking out there, but it always runs at my vsync-capped 60fps for me with most of it cranked and still looks pretty good.  The models & skins are wonderful.

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on April 13, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
No labels?

I have F12 set to take screenshot w/ no UI showing.

Rekim

movin on up, on the mius-front

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 28, 2016, 07:15:28 AM
awesome stuff - whats the last one?

and you were quick to the screenshot button for the passing rocket!

Love the Rocket.  Here is a CAM Hurricane skin from CLOD: