Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: MengJiao on June 24, 2016, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2016, 09:27:46 AM
It may take all year indeed Ming. That's a handy-looking little plane. What model is it?

Some kind of late-1940s US maritime patrol plane called a Harpoon.

Looks like a turret-less variant of the Lockheed PV1 Ventura or PV2 Harpoon (both developed from the Hudson):

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 24, 2016, 09:45:57 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on June 24, 2016, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2016, 09:27:46 AM
It may take all year indeed Ming. That's a handy-looking little plane. What model is it?

Some kind of late-1940s US maritime patrol plane called a Harpoon.

Looks like a turret-less variant of the Lockheed PV1 Ventura or PV2 Harpoon (both developed from the Hudson):

That's it.  Or some near variant.  I missed blowing things up and shooting at things so I got CAP2 and took off and bombed a friendly airstrip in what might be Puerto Rico.
The screenshot is from my second flight BUT you can drop bombs in CAP2 and they do explode:

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 24, 2016, 09:48:06 PM
Very cool. I had no idea.

6 50 cals tear up the landscape in DCS (I got the P-51 on sale):

Staggerwing

I wasn't aware that the Mustang was used by the VVS.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 25, 2016, 08:03:42 PM

It does seem to have an "alternative history" kind of air to it.  Even more so since those markings are VVS 1942 style according to DCS.  Maybe its only the Steam sale 20-dollar Mustangs that
went to the alternative USSR in an alternative 1942.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 25, 2016, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 25, 2016, 08:03:42 PM

It does seem to have an "alternative history" kind of air to it.  Even more so since those markings are VVS 1942 style according to DCS.  Maybe its only the Steam sale 20-dollar Mustangs that
went to the alternative USSR in an alternative 1942.

P-40C over Greece.

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 17, 2016, 10:58:31 PM
American Civil War 2. The armies of Irvin Mc Dowell and Ben Butler have combined outside of Richmond. When McClellan arrives, that'll give me 10 Divisions, 4 Brigades and some Cav. plus Siege Arty. Against Bobbie Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. Should be a hell-of-a fight. Problem is it's September and the weather won't hold forever. Neither will my spindly, little Supply Lines. Here's what it looks like:

Nice screen Sir Slash.....I can't remember; when can the Union form corps?

jomni

Community submission: "Little Big Horn" in Pike and Shot

Sir Slash

It seems like Jan. 1862 was the date Rayfer. I can't remember for certain but that's about right. And Armies follow soon after, about spring I think.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Patch notes say Oct 61 for Divisions and March 62 for Corps.  Armies available from start although number increases at some point.

FlickJax

Where is the best place to get pike and shot scenarios/campaigns? might buy in the sale and couldnt find much on Matrix forum.

panzerde

Quote from: FlickJax on June 27, 2016, 09:46:40 AM
Where is the best place to get pike and shot scenarios/campaigns? might buy in the sale and couldnt find much on Matrix forum.

From right inside the software. The scenario repository is accessible from the menu and scenarios are directly downloaded and installed where they belong.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

FlickJax

Quote from: panzerde on June 27, 2016, 10:18:31 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on June 27, 2016, 09:46:40 AM

From right inside the software. The scenario repository is accessible from the menu and scenarios are directly downloaded and installed where they belong.

Danke, will buy then

panzerde

Quote from: FlickJax on June 27, 2016, 11:03:24 AM
Danke, will buy then

Definitely worth it for the $20. Not as good as Sengoku Jidai, but hopefully they'll retrofit some of the improvements (like leaders) to P&S.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres