Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Since we're on a southeast asia kick thought I'd share what I'm playing at the moment.

South Vietnam, Spring 1965 from the Free World Allies point of view:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: W8taminute on August 11, 2019, 09:16:51 AM
Since we're on a southeast asia kick thought I'd share what I'm playing at the moment.

Looks like an interesting game.  I wish there was something that in-depth in a good up to date PC game on Vietnam.  The closest I know of is Vietnam 65.  I like Vietnam 65 and it is a good beer and pretzels type game.  However I suspect the one you have the screenshot of is much more in-depth and detailed.   

Skoop

I think OATW had a detailed Nam scenario.  I used to play microprose conflict Vietnam on a C64 back in the day. 

Love the CM Vietnam mod pics, with the strength of infantry combat in CM, I'm amazed BF never went for a dedicated Vietnam or Korea game.

W8taminute

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on August 11, 2019, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on August 11, 2019, 09:16:51 AM

Looks like an interesting game.  I wish there was something that in-depth in a good up to date PC game on Vietnam.  The closest I know of is Vietnam 65.  I like Vietnam 65 and it is a good beer and pretzels type game.  However I suspect the one you have the screenshot of is much more in-depth and detailed.   

It is indeed a game with a lot of depth.  Took me a good 4 hours just to play the strategic interphase portion of the game before moving on to the operations phase.  There are so many charts and record trackers to update.  The game might seem daunting at first however if you love deep games and can handle the strategic activities in addition to the operation tasks of moving units around I highly recommend this game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Sir Slash

Wait, you can't violate Cambodian or Laotian territory in this game? That doesn't seem fair.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2019, 11:17:35 AM
Wait, you can't violate Cambodian or Laotian territory in this game? That doesn't seem fair.

Oh you can definitely violate Cambodian and Laotian territory as the Free World Allies but it comes with a heavy cost to morale. 

You only take that hit however if your units went at least one additional hex past the border hexes.  Otherwise if you can catch your targets before they have had a chance to flee deeply into a neutral country you're good.  Forgot to mention that the FWA need to withdraw their forces before the next seasonal interphase or they will suffer a morale hit even if the units are within that one hex restriction of the border.   

-budd-

Armored Brigade. The more i play the more i like it. This is only the second scenario i've played, it a user made mission. I usually generate my own mission or campaign. Hardened the center village, setup my Leo's with interlocking fields of fire and hope they hold up against the T64B's, they did. Pulled these two Leo's back off the line [sitting low far left] when one ran out of ammo and the other had 2 ammo left, replaced them with my reserve platoon. They accounted for 37 kills out of 78. I had a total of 13 Leo's for this mission, lost 2, the other losses were Marder's.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Well done budd...! I enjoy this game as well.

Sir Slash

Baldur's Gate 2: Sir Slash finds the ULTIMATE treasure.... a huge picture of Elvis.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

LOL

Who's the trumpet player on the other side of the canopy bed?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Don't know. But he looks, 'laid-back'.  :2funny:

W8taminute

Here is the situation in South Vietnam fall 1965.  It is the start of a new season and with that comes the interphase period where both sides allocate supplies and recruit units among other things.  The spring and summer saw some limited action between the VC and the USA.  Although both sides saw some losses not much was accomplished by the free world alliance.  It's gonna be a tough slog... :crazy2:

WallysWorld

After a long break, picked up playing Distant Guns again as Russia.

Situation in the Yellow Sea on March 8th, 1904:
a. Single minesweeper heading back to Port Arthur after offloading mines at the Elliot Islands which Japan is using as a forward naval base.
b. Large task force composed of two destroyer groups and five battleships is doing a sweep around the Yellow Sea before heading back.

The large yellow dots are the Japanese supply routes from Japan to Korea.

Composition of the sweep force:

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Those screenies take me back WallysWorld. I loved that game when it first came out.  :bd:

WallysWorld

I still like it, Sir Slash. It has some flaws, but I like the game and its Jutland sequel.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson