Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Capn Darwin

...or Fort KickAss for that matter?  \m/
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 03, 2017, 07:22:19 AM
Why doesn't it say Grogheads?  ???

I've asked GAMA the same thing...

Moreover, they didn't really update from last year, b/c it still shows Lost Battalion Games in there w/ us and they're only in the exhibit hall.  Collins Epic Wargames is in there with us instead.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Were it not for our kid-friendly approach, I would sooooo bring a Welcome to Fort Kickass banner...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Staggerwing

Actually, it says Grogheads all over the place on that map. Almost every square has 'GH#-something' on it.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Capn Darwin

Quote from: Cyrano on June 03, 2017, 01:43:34 PM
Were it not for our kid-friendly approach, I would sooooo bring a Welcome to Fort Kickass banner...

Maybe for Grogheads After Dark.  <:-)

bbmike

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 03, 2017, 07:19:51 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on June 03, 2017, 01:43:34 PM

Maybe for Grogheads After Dark.  <:-)

Is that whatever comes after Command Post Wargaming on Friday night is called?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Capn Darwin

bbmike

Must be getting close, I just received my Self Check-In Instructions via email.  8)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

We're going to try to get all of the GrogHeads-associated wargamers together one morning before the action gets too cranked up for a big group/family photo.  Not just the staff like last year, but the vendors, staff, family that we dragged along, and gamers that came into town to hang with GrogHeads.   <:-)

In part, it'll be kind of cool to have a giant "family reunion" photo like that, and in part to be able to take it to GAMA and use it to beat them over the head at bit with "look at what we're bringing to the show for you!"   :peace:

(note, exact day/time TBD)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Don't forget, we've got a poll on our front page asking about what sort of coverage you'd like to see from the show

http://grogheads.com/?p=14605

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus