Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Anyway, I hope you lot spare a thought for me - at 0800 on the 11th I'll be in hospital for my first cataract operation.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on June 07, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
Anyway, I hope you lot spare a thought for me - at 0800 on the 11th I'll be in hospital for my first cataract operation.

You know it, man!  :bd:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Will do! And spare a thought for me on the 12th as I'm getting double-oscopied that day.  :-\
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Cyrano

@bob:  Don't forget to remind them : the 'Stache stays on!!!

@mike:  I got doubled myself just before last Christmas.  Given the result, one of my better choices.  Enjoy the nap.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Paranoia players?
https://rpggeek.com/thread/1738161/origins-game-fair-june-14-18-2017-paranoia-and-oth

Instead of mere "troubleshooters" you're going to be the Minions from Despicable Me :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on June 07, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

Will do! And spare a thought for me on the 12th as I'm getting double-oscopied that day.  :-\

What does that mean?

airboy

In the USA at least, this is a very easy procedure with almost immediate positive wonderful outcomes!  Hope that is the case for you!

bob48

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been told as well - so finger (not eye's) crossed.

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Good luck Bob!
As you may or may not know, I work for ophthalmologists and they do many such operations every year. (Caveat: I myself work mostly with eyeglasses and contact lenses and have no professional expertise in other areas of eye health).

Not everyone ends up with perfect vision but almost all do end up requiring less strong glasses for distance, especially if they had a fairly strong prescription to start. You will most likely still require something to help you read, though there are some newer multifocal lens implants in limited use. There are advantages and disadvantages to both monofocal and multifocal implants. Read up a little on the implants if your surgeon gives you the option of choosing which one you can get. Here in the US the out-of-pocket cost to go with the multifocal implant can run up to $2000-$3000 per eye.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Thanks for that, Stagger, I was aware that you were employed in some capacity in that sphere of work, so what you say is appreciated . I have been told that I may only need reading glasses, but I am myopic anyway, so I guess I'll have to wait and see ( no pun intended - not this time, anyway).

'Clip those corners'

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on June 07, 2017, 10:13:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on June 07, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

What does that mean?

Colonoscopy and endoscopy at the same time.  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

My missus has had both, and I've had endoscopy.

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

In other news, there's a game convention we'll all be at in one week! :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

It's getting down to the wire.  :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.